e133 fault baxi combi duo tec 28 hea boiler wont light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all im having a problem getting my boiler to light for the water and radiators to work , ive tryed resetting, insulating outside piping (yet its not really that cold)
boiler will turn on fan will run , pcb board will click a few times then cut off shows a fault of e133 gas supply fault , as ive read a few people saying its the flue/frozern pipes or a pcb hose that gets trapped when these boilers are serviced?im unsure tbh , everything works other then the gas light dosent show on the boiler , ive also checked the water pressure witch is nicely in the green, tryed resetting with no joy , , so i thought i carnt cope with no heat , so called a gas engineer out who said its problery ur fan on its way out????(2year old boiler shocking) yet i can hear the fan partly working well , bit as it seems not to light the fan will stop ,also we never really had any problems until the alterd some copper piping and a flue externtion was fitted ,(due to outside work) but the gas man says its nothing wrong or to do with the gas fault u have , , so nearly a week later still a no gas working and been told we now how to wait another dam week ,, with no heating, if any of u guys have any possible ideas i can try , im greatfull to give it a go , and report back, ;)

Sponsored Links
Firstly we cannot give advice on DIY gas work.

You have not made it clear what this engineer is doing for you. Most can return the next day with the appropriate part.

If its the fan then you are probably better off with a fixed price repair by British Gas or Baxi.

Tony

Firstly we cannot give advice on DIY gas work.

You have not made it clear what this engineer is doing for you. Most can return the next day with the appropriate part.

If its the fan then you are probably better off with a fixed price repair by British Gas or Baxi.

Tony
engineer came to fix it , but personaly i dont think he knows what hes doing as he couldnt pin point the issiuse , and thought maybe a few basic things to check why the boiler isnt fireing up ,, no worries we will wait another week see what the next one says ,

E133 without frozen condense pipe indicates a gas related fault.....it will not be the fan.

The solution is almost certainly simple and the part/s won't be expensive but unfortunately involves gas related work.

Get someone in who knows what they are doing! or get a fixed price repair off heateam

Sponsored Links
E133 without frozen condense pipe indicates a gas related fault.....it will not be the fan.

The solution is almost certainly simple and the part/s won't be expensive but unfortunately involves gas related work.

Get someone in who knows what they are doing! or get a fixed price repair off heateam
many thanks well i carnt bloody belive it i must have tryed a fair amount of times and nothing ,so left it turned off at the boiler power socket for approx 3hours ,i switched it on and fired up first time wtf......... im going to feel a idioit when gas man comes back out and he carnt find a fault as its working at the moment ,just hope once it switchers off when up to tempture , it fires again , intermitant piece of ****e these are , i was going to have a woster bosch boiler fitted but guy said these were a good boiler , ,, thanks powell ;)

many thanks well i carnt bloody belive it i must have tryed a fair amount of times and nothing ,so left it turned off at the boiler power socket for approx 3hours ,i switched it on and fired up first time wtf......... im going to feel a idioit when gas man comes back out and he carnt find a fault as its working at the moment ,just hope once it switchers off when up to tempture , it fires again , intermitant piece of s***te these are , i was going to have a woster bosch boiler fitted but guy said these were a good boiler , ,, thanks powell ;)

just a note gas man came out (as we were a bit worried about the problem , and told him about replies from you guys regards boiler , he said ill replace igitior/ fan is working fine and hes set something on a gas valve which he said was too high,, fingers crossed it works ok ,, for a while

99% of the time its the ignition electrodes the new ones are much thicker and don't distort the same as the originals.....nice cheap simple fix and usually under warranty too.

99% of the time its the ignition electrodes the new ones are much thicker and don't distort the same as the originals.....nice cheap simple fix and usually under warranty too.
unsure regards techical gas bits , but i asked the gasman ,and he did state these boilers are common for this as heat bends the spark gap , causeing no spark , e133 fault, and result been working fine since :mrgreen:

I have had so many problems with this boiler it's untrue, I have had 118 and 117 up the arse and now on 19/5 I have had 133 , guides ask has your condenser pipe been cold.........no it hasn't!!!! Hope the off for 3 hours works or i'm taking my sledge hammer to it and just buying a new one altogether
And also the gas guy hasn't a clue his ass from his face

They're actually pretty good boilers, and not that hard to fix / fault-find either. E117 and E118 are pressure faults, IE your system pressure is either too high or too low. E133 is relatively common but also normally very easy to fix. If your "gas guy" is no good, get a new one

Love the way people expect things to last for ever, usually without having it regularly serviced, and then kick off when the boiler tells you there's an error.

E133, ignition fault, if boiler is few years old, will have old style electrodes which warped more easily, were replaced in warranty FOC.
But anyway - they have been regularly checked on your yearly service haven't they sir? At which point your engineer would have adjusted them back or advised you to replace. Emmmmm :oops:

If you own a car, do you keep the fuel tank topped up? Engine oil, coolant? All these are essential for the safe/smooth running of your vehicle, along with regular servicing.

A boiler also burns fossil fuels, so is also required to have regular maintenance to ensure safe operation, needs are same fuel-gas, system water-oil/coolant.
These things do need intermittent user interaction, topping up the system isn't the end of the world, although sudden or repeated pressure loss or pressure rising up to 2.5-3.0bar would indicate another problem, again some of which would be prevented by regular maintenance.

Prime example would be high system pressure due to low charge pressure in expansion vessel - meant to be checked/topped up at yearly service.... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back