Earth Block Question

Sorry, just to clarify we moved into after it had had the extensions and questionable Electric work.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Did the guy you dealt with do a Ze?

Zs readings are all very well, but that will not necessarily show up an earthing problem if you have a good earth path provided by something else.

I see 100's of subterranean TT supplies where folk have tried to get an earth connection off the sheath just like your arrangement, but because the sheath is not connected to earth, the reading is non-existent.

Definately get the DNO to fit a proper earth connection to that cable. It will be sweated on, or now they sometimes use a spring arrangement that wraps round the sheath.

Thanks Securespark, On the test sheet there is a measurement under the heading:

External Loop impedance, Ze 0.31 ohms.

I will get the Suppliers out to put the connection on properly, I am now quite concerned about it.

So if the DNO would also connect to the sheath (but with a correct connection). I assume then that it is ok to take an earth from the sheath, just not ok to use that type of connector?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back