Earth blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need more earth terminals than the ones available on an existing earth block.

Can I replace the existing earth block that carries the main earth for the supply? or should I leave it alone and connect a second block to the existing one? if this is ok will it need a chocbox ?

Sponsored Links
I take it you are talking about the Main Earthing Terminal?
Obviously isolate all supplies which utilise the MET before working on it, there is nothing wrong with replacing it with one with more terminals in it.
You don't need to insulate it in a chock box.

thanks spark123..
the old one hasa plastic cover on it so had to ask! :rolleyes:
Yep! oharf, that's the one!
about chocboxes: would they protect it from getting knocked/scraped due to its location or is there anything more suitable?

Sponsored Links
thanks spark123..
the old one hasa plastic cover on it so had to ask! :rolleyes:
Yep! oharf, that's the one!
about chocboxes: would they protect it from getting knocked/scraped due to its location or is there anything more suitable?

It may do.

Where is its location?
Why would it get knocked or scraped?
Is anything else electrical likely to get damaged?
Would a cupboard solve the problem?
How would you fit an earth block into a choc box?
Would the earth block still be fitted to the surface?

TLEB8.JPG

8 w block £3.50 via TLC

I don't think they will be suitable for use as a MET ban, the posts are tightened by finger.
That site is just shocking by way of some of their claims and I am suprised they are still trading.

Nowhere to stick the "Safety Electrical Connection Do Not Remove" notice though :LOL:

I don't think they will be suitable for use as a MET ban, the posts are tightened by finger.
That site is just shocking by way of some of their claims and I am suprised they are still trading.

I keep debating the idea of copying their 'mains balancing unit' and selling via eBay. I could market it for half the price and still retain more than 50% of that as profit.

They sell to so-called audiophiles. Personally I call them audiofreaks. There's always a market for six thousand pound power cables, surprisingly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back