Earth bonding in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a new bathroom fitted next week. It will have a platic bath, sink, toilet, quadrant shower tray, power shower where the pump is in the airing cupboard in the room next to the bathroom and normal radiator. Downlighters and extraction fan is being fitted to the ceiling. There will be no other electrical items in the bathroom.

When I mentioned to the fitter about earth bonding he said he will do it if its already there. If there isn't any already there whats the best method and where should it be run too? and does the extraction fan and downlighters need earth bonding too ?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The plumbing will be in copper. Its only a plastic bath, the sink toilet and shower tray will be the usual ceramic stuff.

Sponsored Links
Thanks BAS. The first link doesn't work. Sorry more questions

Is the pipework just cross-bonded together or does the earth then needs to be run back to the CU ?

I assumne its ok for my celing downlights and ceiling extractor fan as its outside the zones.

Thanks BAS. The first link doesn't work.
Should do - what problems do you get when:

1) Just left clicking it

2) Right-click and save as..

?

Is the pipework just cross-bonded together or does the earth then needs to be run back to the CU ?
You don't run the bonding cable back to the CU.

I assumne its ok for my celing downlights and ceiling extractor fan as its outside the zones.
If outside the zones then they don't need bonding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back