Earth bonding with metal pushfit

Now, let's all measure our spans....I've measured mine, you measure yours!!

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Hate to brag, everyone, but my span tip to tip is 6' 8", and my height is 6' 1".

You should become an athlete: a friend of mine who is very much into his athletics and tought me that fact reckons that champion shotputters (although it could have been discus, hammer or javelin... one of the throwing sports!) almost always have a significantly greater span than height.

My span is 6'2" as is my height, which would explain why I was never much good at bowling in cricket. :LOL:

Still, at least my shirt sleeves don't end halfway up to my elbow unlike secure's ;)

securespark said:
Now, let's all measure our spans....I've measured mine, you measure yours!!
6'4", and I'm only about 6' tall.

The point I made about 1.5m was actually a serious one - the argument was that the nearest electrical thing was going to be 80cm away, but in such a bathroom I could easily find myself touching or firmly grasping both the towel rail and the shower mixer without going into contortions. At 1.9m I could just about brush both with my fingertips if I tried hard. At 2m I'd have to use another part of my anatomy.

Sponsored Links
Let's hope there isn't any current flowing through the metalwork in that case! :eek:

I could never be an athlete, what 19 stone? Darts player, maybe!!

:LOL:

But I do find it extremely handy to reach clients light fittings etcetera without the use of a ladder!

"ooh, aren't you tall!!"

Adam, yeah, I have huge problems getting sleeves that are long enough.

tried on a shirt recently that was 4XL & it looked like it had short sleeves, only it didn't!!

Remember at school if your mum didn't let your trousers down frequently, everyone said "flood's over now"

Well,I had that problem with shirt sleeves.. still wear most shirts with sleeves rolled up a couple of turns cos they look bl**dy stupid otherwise!

ban-all-sheds said:
The point I made about 1.5m was actually a serious one - the argument was that the nearest electrical thing was going to be 80cm away, but in such a bathroom I could easily find myself touching or firmly grasping both the towel rail and the shower mixer without going into contortions. At 1.9m I could just about brush both with my fingertips if I tried hard. At 2m I'd have to use another part of my anatomy.

It is a serious point and I gave it some more consideration before realising there will be a permanently fixed glass screen in the way thus meaning in order to touch the towel rail whilst dipping a hand/foot in the bath is more likely to cause injury through slipping over and twisting something!

Does make you wonder about these zones though. Great idea, especially Zones 0, 1 and 2 but when you get to zone 3 it is a bit lax. Perhaps it is because otherwise no-one could have any lights or electric towel rails in their bathroom!

securespark said:
Hate to brag, everyone, but my span tip to tip is 6' 8", and my height is 6' 1".
Something not right here, you've lost 7" somewhere :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Did you know if you measure from tip of your hand to hand at arm length, that should be your height !

My arm length is 5' 11" and I'm 5' 11" tall !,hmmm perhaps I'm not normal :LOL:

masona said:
My arm length is 5' 11" and I'm 5' 11" tall !,hmmm perhaps I'm not normal :LOL:

My height is equal to my armspan... Perhaps there is something about being an electrician that encourages longer arms: to hold sparking wires as far away from the body perhaps? :D

I may as well enter this fray then...as far as I know my span matches my height, which is 6ft 4.5"...

If any of us were Normal we would never have become sparks or engineers, we would have all been p0rn stars!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back