Earth Connection Upgrade?

Thanks all for your comments.

Away from home till weekend so will have a closer look at the labels then.

My somewhat useless initial photos were of a TN-S. The main earth cable was attached to the cable just before entering the cutout, with an earthing clamp. I requested the system to be made into a TNC-S and was expecting just that. Instead I "seem" to have got a combination of the two. will post what I discover at the weekend.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
No you haven't.

You have a TN-C-S.

It just so happens that the sheath of your cable is connected to this.

Don't hold me to this, but IIRC, from memory, that cut-out does not have an NE link option, so I would hazard a guess it is TN-S. But who knows what the DNO have done. Only they will know!

I stand corrected! :oops:

I requested the system to be made into a TNC-S and was expecting just that. Instead I "seem" to have got a combination of the two. will post what I discover at the weekend.
Thanks again.

As RF has said you now have TNC-S (PME) but out of interest, why did you want it changed?

Sponsored Links
Mine says YEB, cos its REALLY old :LOL:
I think I can beat that, the plaque on the backboard next to my cut out is probably even older, it says:
"All Electric Light Wires and fittings on these premises are the property of Spenborough Urban District Council."
Spenborough Council ceased to exist in 1974 but judging by the wording on the plaque there was only lighting intended to be used in the house, this would also backup the fact I have only got a 30amp supply with a fused neutral in VERY scary fragile ceramic fuseholders!!!!! I don't think the cutout has been changed since the house was built in 1901...

It would appear that DNO supplies are the most outdated in the Yorkshire area, seem to come across a lot of dodgy old cutouts round here...

This is my incoming service fuse, it dates from when the house was built around 1968, funnily enough it's a PME system, complete with earth terminal poking out of the right side of the service fuse block! :LOL: :LOL:

Better photos for comparison. A 25mm tails cable held up to existing system. uploaded to 1st album

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back