Earth Connection Upgrade?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me what to make of this (See uploaded Picture). Just had, what I thought was a conversion from a TN-S to TNC-S earthing. Or have I now got a combination of both.

When I got home after having the suppliers electrical subcontractor complete the work while away at work myself. I left a note to inform him of concerns about the size of the supply tails from the meter to the D.P. Isolator switch. The neural appears to be of a lower size than the Line conductor, which I am 99.9% sure is 16mm.

The work cost £31 to do. Would I have to call them out again at added cost to replace the tails from the meter to the isolator.

If I am to have the consumer unit replaced with a 17th edition compliant unit. Don't the tails have to be both 25mm.

Previous albub shows the system before conversion

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
TN-CS gets my vote too. Only people to tell you for certain tho are the DNO.

Because you now have two very good fault paths, I would get your sparks to measure the new Ze & PSCC to make sure the fault currents are under the maximum for your protective devises.

Just looking at what is connected to the top block, possibity that the CPC between the main earthing terminal and the CU is undersize.

Don't hold me to this, but IIRC, from memory, that cut-out does not have an NE link option, so I would hazard a guess it is TN-S. But who knows what the DNO have done. Only they will know!

It's PME with the armour bonded as pensdown said.

Not entirely sure why they have sealed the consumers MET :LOL:

I can't size tails from a photo.

I'm loving the SqD main switch in a wylex box ;)

if its a new PME then there should be a sticker to say, its likely that warning sticker on the cutout does say its PME.

If its PME then it is TNC-S. or to quote the wiki "In order for the Electricity Board to provide a TN-C-S supply, they have to construct their network to the standards of PME (protective multiple earthing), this is why a TN-C-S system is often referred to as a PME installation."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back