earth question?? am i safe?

how much would a PIR cost me if i was to get this done on my own behalf that way i could go to the housing assoc with if, if i felt i was being given the run about by them?

Sponsored Links
ok.

mul;tiple end of lines on 5 amp mcbs.
why have you got two 6mm 30amp supplies?
is one for a shower?
if so what is the length of run,does it go through loft insulation and what size is the shower.
new board should have a 100a main switch really and be served with 25mm tails to future proof it.dont know what size the incoming fuse is it may be 100a fed by those 16mm tails which means tails and main switch too small

multiple ends on 5a - would this not be the lighting ring?

1 30a for cooker (not on RCD with a socket which is used for outside appliances) that needs changing

1 30a for downstairs sockets (via RCD)

1 30a ring for upstairs floors

also the incoming fuse is 100a (used to be 80a but the DNO changed to 100a)

cant see it cant quote it,sorry,i would probably get modded anyway.there are other faults on there but you probably just been lumbered with sparks who"dont do testing".this will not be the case when the board is changed .

if he knows his onions he will refuse to work when he turns up if the earth isnt sorted.good clue for you there

Sponsored Links
i know mate,got fed upof typing.lol :LOL:

looks like theres still water in there too

the spark thats going to change the CU is going to put in a split load CU to accomodate future needs and to RCD the necessary loads. but he is the guy who said the lack of the mains earth wasnt a problem. think i may need to get an indipendant spark to look and pay them for a PIR if its not too expensive

Spark123";p="795913 said:
multiple ends on 5a - would this not be the lighting ring?

Lighting is not normally fed as a ring, normally a radial. It is quite possible that the two cables are just going in different directions.

--------------------

this may be radial then as the lighting is on different floors (4 in total)
also there is an outside light should that be independant?

The lack of a main earth is a BIG problem, don't listen otherwise. The new CU will also generate paperwork which requires the parameters of the supply to be recorded, if there is no earth then he cannot issue an Electrical Installation Certificate.

it wont be cheap mate.if housing association then they may not even want to look at it given that your spark may not be on their approved contractor list.

im not trying to talk you out of it but in my experience they get the right hump if you work on their electrics without permission and may well charge you for another cert.it does happen

i even met one tenant one who done uphis courtyard garden,with permission at his own expense.then they put up his rent because he increased the usable space of his propeerty :eek:

thanks, i probably will just get onto the housing after the sparks been monday. i will ask him for his professional oppinion and seeing as he is working on the electrics for the boiler i guess its his duty to ensure the electrics are ok for what he's commisioning.

i even met one tenant one who done uphis courtyard garden,with permission at his own expense.then they put up his rent because he increased the usable space of his propeerty :eek:

i think im in the wrong type of business.

Ripping people off (i mean renting to people) is the way to go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back