Earth testing ect

Very good securespark , I will post it over there thanks for that :D :D

Sponsored Links
Very good coljack , don't suppose you have any objection's if i post that on the CC as well ? you can be the 2nd sparky on there :D :D

I bet you both see it as a privilige a :D :D

Ive had this before with Ideal Isar's and Icos's.

A high earth loop reading will cause the boiler to stop and display HN.
Reverse polarity also does the same thing.

Id suggest buying a earth loop impedence tester just to check the supplies before installation etc.

Sponsored Links
given that you can switch the boiler on at any point during the cycle, I don't see how it ( the boiler ) can check for polarity or that a change in polarity ( L-N reversal ) would affect the boiler at all.

You're looking at this the wrong way col, forget all about the emf reversing itself 100 times a second, and focus only on the fact that you have got live ac conductors, one of which should be securly bonded to earth, the other should not... the boiler will probably simply have a simple circuit which measues voltage between neutral and earth and shuts it off if it exceeds 25v volts or some other value

If you therefore have a TT supply, a busted RCD and a line to earth insulation fault, then the fault will raise the potential of the earth, the boiler will detect volage between neutral and earth and fla up a fault

The only thing I dont understand is why the boiler *wants* to test polarity

exactly, everything will be quite happy with either "polarity" and they don't say it locks out, it's nerfing something on the PCB..

The Combustion Chamber is for registered gas installers, I doubt any sparks have access to it. I did ask a while ago what people thought about getting one setup for electricians but I don't think most were interested about it.

Memememememememememememememememememememememememe

mememememememememememememememememememememememem

emememememememememememememememememememememememe

mememememememememememememememememememememememem

emememememememememememememememememememememememe.

I was! ;)

The Combustion Chamber is for registered gas installers, I doubt any sparks have access to it. I did ask a while ago what people thought about getting one setup for electricians but I don't think most were interested about it.

you just want to talk about BAS behind his back.. ;) :D

how would you "qualify" for the "light box" ( good name huh? :) )? only registered sparkies? that discounts those of us who do industrial and commercial..
C&G qualified? how would you check?

The reason I asked was because some one said that he might have access I was mis-informed any way some one from there has now come over here & posted the imformation he kindly supplied so he is over there well sort of via his interesting post !!!

Incidentally has any one got a view on the socket & see instrument as per my 1st post , for testing earth line's out ???? or is there something else ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back