Earth wire and connections to boiler/hot water outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

A P.A.T test was carried out in my flat a few days ago and the guy said that the earth wire is very weak.
What does that mean and what needs to be done about it as the landlord will need to be informed at some point. From what I know and see 5 years ago the earth wires were connected to the combi boiler and hot water outlets, as there are wires on the pipes with silver labels on them, an important question is "Do the earth wires affect the combi boiler or hot water outlets in anyway?" as my skin has been very bad (rash) every time I use hot water.

Any info would be great thank you.

Sponsored Links
The rash is inversely proportional to the square root of the radius of the earth wire.ie...If your earth bonding is insufficient or too thin...(too many ohms) your rash will become worse and worse.Good Luck.

"Do the earth wires affect the combi boiler or hot water outlets in anyway?"

No - not in any way shape or form

Your rash is not as a result of any wires either connected or not connected to your system

Sponsored Links
No - not in any way shape or form

Your rash is not as a result of any wires either connected or not connected to your system

How can you be sure.
A Doctor once diagnosed me as having a Van aerial infection !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back