Earth Wires

Sponsored Links
Depending on circumstances, you may be risking a shock if things go wrong.

Note that often there are metal bits you can touch, such as the bolts to hold it on.

Sponsored Links
I'd read the signatures for fun only, if I were you. You could become confused otherwise ;)

Depends on the light switch your using. If the switches have metal parts then yes earth it. There should be a part of the switch were the earth wire should be attached to.

Also, if the light switch doesn't need to be earthed, sleeve the earth core and stick a choc block on the end of it.

dtutton - if i were to say "harmonized" to you and was referring to electricity - would you know what I meant?

i'm surprised dtutton still has the nerve to post here, after his recent spate of annoying us all with repetitive posts. . .
Very sad how old r u?
. . . oh, and insulting people.

do you know how to do amedment 3 ? oh sorry your just earthing a light switch !!!!!!!!! and they wonder who the cowboys are.........

ARGH

Can't believe I've missed all dtutton's posts, they're good entertainment value :LOL:

sparxfly said:
do you know how to do amedment 3 ? oh sorry your just earthing a light switch !!!!!!!!! and they wonder who the cowboys are.........

ARGH

Amendment 3? :confused: Do you mean of the IEE regs? Didn't think this would be out till April 06.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back