Easi-Fill, too soft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I know a lot of people use easi-fill for patching as it rubs down really easily. I have done this myself and found that even when it has been painted over, it is still quiet soft under the paint. Is easi-fill too soft to create a sound patch or am I doing something wrong?

Sponsored Links
It's not the best product for small patches but can be used with some level of success. I prefer to use a quality powdered filler, which is equally sandable in small areas but dries harder.

Thanks guys, now using Toupret and seems to set harder (still quite easy to sand though).

Sponsored Links
I use easyfill from time to time but it is supposed to be a tape and join plasterboard filler rather than a patch filler.

For what is it worth, if you need to use a filler for high traffic/impact areas, then consider using the Toupret TX110 filler. It dries faster than the their standard filler and seems to be a bit harder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back