Easiest way to paint doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hanging all new doors in my house (internal and external) I know about painting the panels first etc, just wondering if anyone has an easier way to paint the edges of the doors and the top and bottom. At the moment I am painting them while they are on tresels but having to turn the over etc is a pain.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a small gloss roller to apply the paint then use a good quality brush to take the stipples out.

If they are those 'white' pre primed ones I paint them when they are hung..painting them flat will end up in them being covered in more airbourne dust.

I paint the two mouldings of the two top panels first then roll the face of the panels then the muntin rails and styles working my way down to the bottomafter first cutting in the moulded part of the bottom panels and finishing with the panels themselves

I use a normal pile radiator roller and eggshell paint, i dont bother laying it off because those tpye of doors have a slightly 'orange peel finish in the primer anyway

Sponsored Links
thanks for that. I was thinking along the line of making a free standing door frame so I can paint the doors on both sides and not worry about them while they are drying and also then they don't stick to the frame when closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back