Easiest Way to Replace This Broken Tile.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Basically we had a leak from the Shower Waste Trap & had HomeServe 24-hr Plumbing & Drain Cover, the only way that they could remove & fit a new Waste Trap was to Destroy the Tile...

Unfortunately, they do not make Good any damage, just fit/replace broken parts, which is a pain!!!!

Have had a couple of Tilers out to give Estimates, which range from £50-£75, But when they said they would come, no-one ever turns up!!!!!

So thought that I might have ago myself.....

So my question is....What is the best way to remove the Tile? I've got a Dremel, so thought that could be used to remove the Old Grout & then try & lift/remove the Damaged Tiles or would drilling with a very small Drill Bit into the grout @ given intervals be better?

Also what Tile Adhesive/Grout would be the best to use....I've got a few spare Tiles, from when the En-Suite was fitted, so will also need to buy a Tile Cutter....

Seen some in B & Q, at around £15.00 for a Manual one, would this be suitable for cutting these Tiles?

Thanks for any advice given....

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
By all means use your Dremel to score along the grout lines and then the tile should break clear without damaging anything else. Spend some time removing the remaining grout when the tile has gone.
As for cutting the new tile, do you have an angle grinder - or can borrow one with a stone cutting disc? It seems a bit of a waste to buy a tile cutter for only one cut.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back