Easter in January!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the hastily taken poor quality piccy. Next to the knock down Xmas goods is the easter fayre..... :rolleyes:

Taken at Tesco Macclesfield.

EasterinJanuary.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is this another case of young Steve getting dates wrong.. ?
Nope! My store also has "easter fayre" next to "knock down xmas goods" :LOL: Its only a few months away! :LOL:

Fortunately though, we haven't been sent any of that horrid easter themed signage yet! :D We've only just got shut of the christmas stuff.

Sponsored Links
its only a few months away? its 11 bloody weeks away. do you seriously think people stock up on easter eggs 11 weeks in advance? do buying patterns prove this, or is it just simply easier to fill the store with the next event they can think of thats on the distant horizon, rather than actually coming up with something ingenious to raise sales? :rolleyes:

they do realise mothers day comes before that dont they? that means there should have been a space on the shelves for mothers day stuff 2 weeks before christmas. :rolleyes:

I hate it.. no sooner do the huge tins of roses and quality street retreat to the sweet aisle, than those damn creme eggs start poping up all over the store.. end of the beer aisles and at the checkouts..

how the hell am I supposed to stick to my diet when they keep tempting me so.... :?: :evil:

Tesco at Dalkeith is exactly the same, "Easter fayre" next to knock down Christmas stuff.

I found out why the supermarkets start easter so early yesterday. I went shoping to Asda. As I was leaving and walking past the easter display I heard a small girl ask in a whining voice..

..Mum, can I have a cream egg please.

it never ceases to amaze me the money these stores make out of religious festival's, as most of the owners dont belive in god :eek: :)

What is the system they use for deciding when Easter is.

It's the first Sunday following a full moon after the spring equinox.

So it can be between 22nd March and 20th April.

I bought my Easter eggs in October ... They're well out of date now but will be fine for the kids of people I don't like :LOL:

Can just imagine jesus saying could do with a bit off fresh air but will have to wait for full moon before i roll this big lump out the way. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back