Easy-fit hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about using these in a kitchen to conceal non-integrated appliances.

I'm sure I once saw a make which did do one suitable for dishwashers, but b******d if I can find that now - am I dreaming it?

Sponsored Links
You can use slimline hinges, main problem is doors need to be made to measure as standard doors are too narrow and short.

I tried those easy fit hinges the type that have two rounded ends with 4 screw holes at each end for a kitchen cupboard they were absolute rubbish!

Inconsistent holes so each one had to be measured up separately instead of making up a template to repeat the measurements. No adjustment for wear and slop in the rivets so that the hinge could be waggled up and down.

I used these once for lay on doors I designed, built and fitted -
- their called lift off barrel hinges but they don't throw the door out/away from the carcase, if that's what's required.
Here's a load of others, hope you find what you want...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
You can use slimline hinges, main problem is doors need to be made to measure as standard doors are too narrow and short.
My appliances are all 595mm wide, which I believe is pretty standard, so a 600mm door is fine.

Can't quite see how a 600 door with any type of side hinge will allow enough clearance for a 595mm dishwasher door to open.

My appliances are all 595mm wide, which I believe is pretty standard, so a 600mm door is fine.
Doors are 596 standard and overlap sides by 10MM+ so standard door is too narrow. Your D/W + the carcase sides will be 595 + 20 + 20 plus any space to sides, so around 640mm. Free standing appliance do not have the required free space area for base of door to swing thru so cannot be bottom hung.

Sorry but I just can't see how it can work, bottom hinges would need massive springs to operate and what will you fix them to?

You have a 600mm gap between two base units.

Between them goes a 595mm appliance.

In front of the appliance goes a 597mm door hinged from the carcass to the left or right.

Don't know where you think 640mm is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back