Easy fix for push button flush toilet?

Sponsored Links
Check it carefully... they split or the disc becomes loose from the rubber.
But glad you got it apart.
If you have a football pump, you can try using that to blow down the tube and see that the flush mechanism works... I’d say blow down it using your mouth but think that the pressure required is too strong... no harm trying though! (y)

Did you know there is bellows on both ends of the tube ?

You could be right on that one - never looked at the other end of the tube... that’s why I suggested OP tests with a pump after they stated their bellows seem ok. (y)

@tan8856 on your original photo, where the other end of the air tube attaches to the dump valve... turn the red disc CCW about 5 degrees... it should free the tabs that hold it in place... lift it out and see if it comes away... check to see if there’s another set of bellows below and perform checks on them if so... or as I said above... test the flush with your mouth or a football pump (with needle to get inside the air tube),

Sponsored Links
@tan8856 on your original photo, where the other end of the air tube attaches to the dump valve... turn the red disc CCW about 5 degrees... it should free the tabs that hold it in place... lift it out and see if it comes away... check to see if there’s another set of bellows below and perform checks on them if so... or as I said above... test the flush with your mouth or a football pump (with needle to get inside the air tube),

Hi. There is a diaphragm under the red disk and it looks ok. I tested with a football pump and it worked ok. But maybe the football pump just pushes more air thru and that’s why it works with that?
Previously the button works ok for a while and then stops, which is why I originally thought the blue tube was slowly working lose and letting air escape.
I’ve ordered a new bellow so will see how it goes with that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back