eBay special...

Also a strange choice of colours for the conductors. Blue, grey and green

Looks more like pale brown than gray for me. Also, you do realise you can buy DMX RGB LED controllers of the shelf.

i.e. http://www.dx.com/p/216w-px24506-dmx512-led-decoder-black-12-24v-237264

OR

https://www.yourelectrics.com/product/au-dmx090-aurora-90w-dmx-sub-controller/[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm very aware of that, but a DMX decoder is not much use if you haven't got an RGB chip to control with it ;)

The wire is definitely light grey. Maybe it's just the photo which makes it appear slightly different.

Sponsored Links
DMX decoder no use without a RGB chip? I am confused :!:;
I thaught you just wire the LED strip directly into the DMX LED Controlers like I linked?

Could you please clarify.

I'm controlling the 30W LED chip from the floodlight via DMX. I'm not trying to control LED strip with a floodlight.

I'm confused a bit now, the top one eveares linked to looks like a DMX to RGB (sink) controller, what type of supply do you need for the RGB SMD?
(I didn't look too long at the bottom one as I saw the price :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
I'm controlling the 30W LED chip from the floodlight via DMX. I'm not trying to control LED strip with a floodlight.

That's even more confusing! Why would you try and power/control a RGB LED strip from a dumb non controllable flood light? :confused:

Also what is special about the 30W LED chip you want to in-turn drive from DMX, certain current and voltage rating for a specific led you want to use?

I'm confused a bit now, the top one eveares linked to looks like a DMX to RGB (sink) controller

It can support a total of 108w at 12v or 216w at 24v. (3 amp per channel)

Where've you got the idea of LED strip from?

I need a really bright LED which does not take up much room and I can control with DMX

Robbing one from a floodlight complete with it's driver and dimming it with a dmx decoder has worked a treat.

Where've you got the idea of LED strip from?

I was using the LED strip as an example, Is your flood light a RGB one as your using a RGB chip.

So your controlling an RGB flood light (with the built in 30w LED chip) from a DMX decoder?

All that's left of the floodlight is this chip which I've temporarily taped to a piece of heat sink.

It's now controlled by 3 channels of DMX and will hopefully work a treat in my project I'm building.

Im intriqued, 30 pound just for the chip.
Is that cheaper than just buying the chip in the uk.
Were getting a few shop fittings failing lately proper ones 20 watt or more and just replacing the complete units, although there white are they worth removing, when I have a few id willingly post them too you if you want them

30W LED chip, is the LED? :?: :rolleyes:

By chip, I was thinking of an IC capable of handling 30w to drive a 30w RGB LED. :oops:

To me a chip is this:

IC_DIP_chips.JPG

and not this:

100W-RGB-LED-Diode-Epistar-Chip-LED-RoHS-.jpg

Also;

Yes I'm very aware of that, but a DMX decoder is not much use if you haven't got an RGB chip to control with it ;)

But you have a 30w RGB LED Chip all ready?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back