ECA Delay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I contacted the ECA in Feb to ask about Part P.

Just had a reply........

Sponsored Links
No, silly! The reply was sent at 4.30pm, but I picked it up at 12.30am......

HONESTLY!!!!

Here is the message:

Simon.

Our records show that you made enquiries about Membership in February 2004.
Should you have any queries or would like to discuss the matter further please give me (or my colleage Tony Cooke) a call on 01925 755449.
Should I not hear from you in next two weeks I will assume that you do not wish to take the matter further at present.
If you get interested in Membership again do not hesitate to get in contact.
Many thanks for your interest.
Kind Regards
Dennis Stephen

I like this bit: "Should I not hear from you in next two weeks I will assume that you do not wish to take the matter further at present."

Like, he had the courtesy to reply to me within two weeks............

In fact, I didn't enquire about membership, I asked for updates on PP.

About as useful as a chocolate fireguard...

Just phoned ECA in Lymm. I introduced myself to Tony Cooke who told me that he is not surprised that it took so long to get in touch with me, but did not elaborate.

When I pressed him about information about PP, he told me curtly that "we are not an information line for the general public."

Can you believe it??

He also said that companies need to go to an insurance company to get backing so that warranties can be offered, and companies also need to be able to offer a "Health and Safety Statement".

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Can you believe it??

He also said that companies need to go to an insurance company to get backing so that warranties can be offered, and companies also need to be able to offer a "Health and Safety Statement".

Actually I am surprised they bothered to reply as your not "on the club"

The ECA are elitist ******s, not worth urinating on.

Regarding the last too, they are a legal requirement if 1) you accept credit card payments 2) employ more than 5 people.

I would have said, can't you tell me something I DON'T know!!

But according to the ECA, Jim, if you want to get accredited, you need these two in place, otherwise you will fail the "appraisal".

Thanks for saving me the trouble of invesitgating ECA as an alternative to NICEIC, secure. Despite all the bad things you hear, at least NICEIC seem to want sparks to sign up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back