ECD RCBOs

Sponsored Links
Because a consumer unit is type tested only MCB's RCD's and RCBO's recommended by the manufacturer of the consumer unit can be used.

I would not think any manufacturer will recommend use of another manufactures products!

With an enclosure these are often not type tested and you are allowed to mix and match but not sure if you could use in a Domestic premises.

One problem is with blanks where some can't be removed without a tool but others can. With Telemecanique the sliders isolate the pins onto which you put the MCB's on so they do not need blanks which are non removable without a tool where most others do.

Although with blanks the reason is easy to see with other variations between manufactures one may not see the reason why so safe way is to follow rules.

Rebadged Chint :mad:

Nah - what is the point in buying a half decent brand CU and putting rubbish in it?
Would you put cheap tyres on a ferrari?

Sponsored Links
Only fit what the manufacturer states is correct otherwise the unit is not fully type tested.

Only fit what the manufacturer states is correct otherwise the unit is not fully type tested.

Spark123, your right. Will do that.
but also been having a problem getting some protek RCBOs, been suggested to me use proteus make by wholesaler. What do you make of that?

Yeah, City Electrical Factors always reccomend you use Proteus, for just about anything.

Because the own/are very closely affiliated with Proteus.

Spark123, your right. Will do that.
but also been having a problem getting some protek RCBOs, been suggested to me use proteus make by wholesaler. What do you make of that?

Do some digging, maybe phone up Protek and ask them if they are OK to use - sometimes the only difference is they are re-badged.
The new protek look to me as tho they may be re-badged Chint or CGD - I'm not sure so wouldn't fit one until I was 100% sure that is correct tho.
Most of the Wholesalers stuff is re-badged stuff such as Senate and Denmans ran for years with MCBs which were made for them by General Electric.

Do some digging, maybe phone up Protek and ask them if they are OK to use - sometimes the only difference is they are re-badged.
The new protek look to me as tho they may be re-badged Chint or CGD - I'm not sure so wouldn't fit one until I was 100% sure that is correct tho.
Most of the Wholesalers stuff is re-badged stuff such as Senate and Denmans ran for years with MCBs which were made for them by General Electric.

I have emailed them about 3 days ago asking about local suppliers or if I was able to order online/by phone, but they have not replied.
Spoke to wholesalers I generally use but not been had any luck as far as getting the protek make.
I think I best call them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back