Economy 7 timer wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought an Economy 7 timer for my immersion heater.

Currently there are 2 x switches on the wall. One labelled restricted supply (eco7) and the other labelled unrestricted supply.

Both have a red and black wire going in at the top plus a brown and blue wire going in the bottom.

Now, I thought this would be a reasonably straight forward wiring job but I'm a tad confused by what's required.

Can anyone help me ascertain which wires need to go where in the new timer?

Sponsored Links
Currently there are 2 x switches on the wall. One labelled restricted supply (eco7) and the other labelled unrestricted supply.
That suggests you already have a timed supply (the restricted one) which will be switched either in the meter or by a separate timer wired to the meter.

What is the make and model of timer you have purchased?
What exactly are you trying to achieve by fitting the timer?
Please post a picture of your electricity meter and any other equipment fitted near to it.

That suggests you already have a timed supply (the restricted one) which will be switched either in the meter or by a separate timer wired to the meter.

What is the make and model of timer you have purchased?
What exactly are you trying to achieve by fitting the timer?
Please post a picture of your electricity meter and any other equipment fitted near to it.

Timer is a Horstmann (see pic).

The economy 7 set-up is in an annexe building that will be sublet on a casual basis. I want to stop tenants having the unrestricted immersion on all the time. With the timer they'll only be able to boost it for up to 1 hour at a time.

Pic of the meter also attached.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back