Ecotec Pro 24 switching off before room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a house which has a Ecotec Pro 24, not sure how old (until i find the paperwork) but it does look newish. The boiler seems to stop before the room stat tells it to. i.e. room stat at 21c but boiler stops heating at 20c sometimes there is a 1c difference others only .5c difference. I have the radiator water temp at 60c, but it only seems to get up to 45c. I have 6 radiators only 3 of which have TVRs.

Sponsored Links
The boiler only comes on when told to by the unidentified room stat.

What happens when you turn the CH up to 70 C ?

On what basis have you "just moved in"?

Tony

Just purchased it, so its all a bit of a mess. After a little googling it looks like Vailants cheapest room stat, a VRT50 with a mechanical timer on the boiler. I have had the temp between 45c and 60c only at the moment, but will try 70c later.

What is the best temperature to set the CH to?

Last edited:
Had the CH turned up to 70c and had the room stat at 20c, 21c and 22c on all of them the room stat showed a 0.5c lower temperature.

Sponsored Links
I am not exactly sure what you man.

So if you set stat to 21 C do you mean that after an hour the room temperature is stabilised to 20.5 C ?

So thats fine, just set the room temp to 0.5 C about whatever temperature you want it at.

Tony

Yes, no matter what temperature i set the room stat to, it is nearly always 0.5c lower (on a couple of occasions it has been 1c lower and stayed there until i changed the CH temperature).
Although the CH temperature is set to 70c it seems to get no hotter than 54c and when set to 60c no hotter than 45c? is this normal? What is the best / economical temperature to set the CH to?

Thanks for your help so far.

The CH flow temp should be as low as will get the rooms warm. But nominally 70 C for a condensing boiler.

How are you measuring the flow temperature?

If set for 60 C then you would expect a flow temperature of 60 C.

However, if its a bit less then you can turn up the set temperature a bit higher to get the flow temperature that you want.

But better to actually measure it at the rads with a contact thermometer.

You could ask the engineer at the next service about the apparent discrepancy in the temps.

Tony

On the front of the boiler there is a digital display that says the temeperature and the times i looked at it it was never close to the set temperature.

I have a thermometer so i will check the radiators.

I had better find the paperwork and call the installers in.

Cheers.

Perhaps d.0 is set to auto and needs to be set to the appropriate kW rating for the property?

End of terrace but nearly detached, 2 bedroom, 1988 built. Loft and wall insulation.

12kW should be enough but you could try 15kW for testing the theory. D.0 set to auto will only apply to the 2012 onwards boiler with the push button controls.

d.0 was set to auto, so i changed it to 15kW, CH set to 70c, room stat is set to 21c. Heating turned off at 20c on the room stat but after 10 mins it was at 20.5c and has not gone up since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back