Problems with Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler and Danfoss ther

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all Im really having trouble working out how to operate my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler through my Danfoss TP5000 si thermostat. So far the boiler has been in summer mode since it was installed 3 months ago but now with the cold coming I have tried to set up the programmable thermostat. When the boiler was on summer mode if heating was required I just turned the heat up via the boiler interface. Now I have set the thermostat to operate the heating from the thermostat in the living room rather than having to go up stairs to turn on/off the heating. According to the boiler manual if I want to use the thermostat I should but the temperature of the heating to maximum in order to control the heating through the stat. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. If the heating is turned on by the boiler and then I turn down the required Temp by the stat nothing happens, the boiler just stays on. If I then turn the boiler down and then increase the temp required at the stat nothing happens. Has any one installed or used this combination of equipment before that could help me please?????

Sponsored Links
The TP5000si is a 'programmable' room thermostat.
If your Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 has the optional "Built in control/timer (if fitted)" this needs to be set at constantly on. The TP5000si then controls time and temperature.

well thats exactly what I did. I put the boiler to being on and should be run through the thermostat but unfortunately the thermostat didn't seem to operate the boiler? As mentioned in first post, when I adjusted the temperature on the thermostat the boiler just continued to full temperature regardless of what the thermostat was telling it????
I had no problems with my other thermostat which was a Honeywell C967, so I do understand how they should work but for some reason with this setup it's as if the thermostat doesn't send anything to the boiler???

Wired wrong :D see if link removed in 3-4 on terminal box an if its the newest ecotec without the knobs on the front have they removed the 24v link :D :D these are on the boiler not the stat

Sponsored Links
I'm glad ur an expert :rolleyes: the new ecotec has a 24v internal that needs removing unless u use Ebus controls :rolleyes: ;)

I'm glad ur an expert
Not really, I looked it up this morning. ;)

Thinking of swapping the Danfoss abortion* the landlord fitted in place of my CMT907 with one.

*Danfoss timeswitch wired through a manual stat next to it. WTF.

sorry guys but your losing me. the thermostat in the living room is wireless and the receiver seems to be mains run which is next to the boiler. When I get my mrs to operate the thermostat downstairs the receiver clicks but nothing happens with the boiler????

I didn't think I was legally allowed to open the front of the boiler as I'm not gas registered? I assume your on about checking the panel inside the boiler?

Hi all this is how the receiver is wired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back