Ecotec Pro 24 switching off before room stat

To be honest getting within half a degree is pretty good, my mistats always go a half degree over (as the heating is oversized under normal circumstances).

Did the flow temperature get closer to the setpoint?

Sponsored Links
Did the room stat turn it off at this point? You may find that 56°c is adequate to heat your house, or indeed that if you left the room stat on 30°c the flow temperature would approach 70°c. The 2012 ecotec boiler doesn't seem to control the flow temperature as closely as some others but should get somewhere near eventually. As the house is getting up to temperature OK, solution if you're cold is turn the stat up a little.

The room stat did turn off at the same time. I have just felt the radiators down stairs and they are all cold but when i got home, the room stat was lower but the rads were warm?? Could there be a fault with the room stat, I was thinking of changing it to one where i can change the temp though out the day, maybe the VRT 350.

Sponsored Links
I'm not particularly familiar with all the vaillant controls, but if you're looking for a programmable stat, most of the professionals on here would probably recommend one of the honeywell stats (cm907 or 927 depending on wired or wireless). This would have the advantage of operating more 'normally' for want of a better way of putting it, whereas the vaillant controls may take control of the flow temperature via ebus. This would however 1) come at the cost of a very small loss of efficiency, and 2, bearing in mind the forum rules) require a gas safe engineer to wire it up as the boiler case must be opened.

Personally I rather like the Drayton mistats, they're easy to program, but I have had a problem with one losing binding and needing to be re-bound after a power cut.

However if the house is staying within half a degree of setpoint, I'd probably leave it be.

Thanks for the info Mogget.

Waking up this morning the room stat was .5c different and the flow temp was 45c, so i turned the room stat up to 21.5c and the flow temp got to 70c and stayed there with the boiler continually firing (to keep it at 70c). So it looks like the higher the demand the hotter the flow temp is!

I think i will change the room stat to give me more flexibility as it is either on or off at the boiler mechanical control and stays at a set temperature on the room stat.

Am i not able just to turn off the electrical supply to the boiler and change room stat (2 wires) or is the gas safe engineer in regard to the ebus?

The issue is that the forum rules prevent us from recommending you open the case as it could be classed as gas work, and we are not allowed to advise naughty work ;) However the wiring is relatively simple, if you are curious take a look at the installation manual.

Your current stat will be connected to ebus but a 240v programmable stat would need to be connected between L and RT. So you can't just change it at the stat end, although if the cable is suitable it could be re-purposed for a 240v stat with the appropriate wiring changes at the boiler end.

If you were to change to a programmable stat, you'd leave the timeclock permanently on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back