Ecozi Rain water harvester and std flush toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am at the end of any more sensible solutions for getting my domestic Ecozi Rainwater Harvester working with anything other than the outside tap.

Does anyone have any experience of rainwater systems and std toilet systems. I believe that the problem stems from the fact that the standard fill on my new low level systems does not stop immediately and trickles until the valve is completely closed off by the float, this means that pressure loss if very slow and the pump controller does not kick in and all pressure is lost in the system.

Can you replace the std system float valve with a valve that cuts off abruptly?

Would love to hear from people who have successfully fitted an Ecozi system.

Sponsored Links
Have a system sucessfully installed serving 4 WC's , washing Machine and
an outside tap.
Does your system incorporate a small pressure vessel (say1 Litre, potable
water type) and safety valve. Are your WC cisterns fitted with high pressure or Torbeck type ball valves.

Does this help, if not post more info

Regards

REGA

I am at the end of any more sensible solutions for getting my domestic Ecozi Rainwater Harvester working with anything other than the outside tap.

Does anyone have any experience of rainwater systems and std toilet systems. I believe that the problem stems from the fact that the standard fill on my new low level systems does not stop immediately and trickles until the valve is completely closed off by the float, this means that pressure loss if very slow and the pump controller does not kick in and all pressure is lost in the system.

Can you replace the std system float valve with a valve that cuts off abruptly?

Would love to hear from people who have successfully fitted an Ecozi system.

I do not know your system but would guess its a pump with a small accumulator/pressure vessel.

Firstly, you really need about 8 litre vessel for convenience to fill WCs. Secondly the air pressure charge and pump pressure switch must be correctly balanced if its to work correctly.

Does it have a mains supplied valve low down in case there is no recovered water?

Does anyone use shower water for flushing toilets? ( Grey water! )

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back