EICR Forms Editable

So why does this guy not want to use standard forms, he has not said, is it to missout something which he can't measure, or to add something he thinks is important?
I may be wrong, think that he probably does want to "use standard forms", but wants ones he can fill in electronically (i.e. 'editable', rather than 'read/print only'), rather than having to print them out and complete them by hand.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I had automatic form filling with a Robin PAT tester, old by today's standard as used a floppy disc, however it relied on the user remembering to enter his code in it before he started, or it would log the tests to previous user, the net result was we had no real idea who had done the testing.

After a days testing where after it was realised it had the wrong person logged in the boss asked if I could correct it, I found using VB I could write a program allowing me to change the data, and could correct the name, however it was then pointed out, if some one made an error which was latter highlighted he could also change the name to show it was some one else, and also it was found the foreman had already falsified records to show items had been tested when they hadn't using last years data.

So we had to return to physical signing paperwork again, it was archived with destroy date on them and it was the multi-item version, so the computer was main record, but should some thing go wrong, then it was the hard copy which would identify who had done the testing.

We were likely going OTT but that was due to foreman getting caught. I think the whole idea was the Robin software could not normally be altered, it did need a VB program to do it, however it needed some form of confirmation when uploading to PC that it was correct, and this was missing, and all to easy for some one to test an odd item with the machine entering their code, without the guy doing most of the testing realising, so he would then not enter his code again, what we did was have an end code, so once one had finished you logged in as "not logged in" so it was clear there was an error, however these automated systems were just too easy to get wrong, some liked it that way, it allowed them to say it was not me, even if it was.

Why Robin did not have a option to log out I don't know, maybe they do today?

Sponsored Links
So why does this guy not want to use standard forms, he has not said, is it to missout something which he can't measure, or to add something he thinks is important?

It may be that he has a slight dyslexia, arthritis and struggles to hold a pen, or just has crappy handwriting.
All these are why I would want electronic forms, the customer would be able to read every form and not just the first few words of my scribble. :)
Apart from very recently, I have not written out "forms" for about 20 years or so, everything can be done digitally, even on site using a tablet etc.

Why do you think that because a form is electronic and editable that he would miss out anything?

You can sign a type written form with a pen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back