EICR Forms Editable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

Can anyone tell me where I can download editable EICR Forms please. PDF or Excel would be great

Thanks
Rob F

Sponsored Links
You can download the forms on the IET website and do what you want with them.

It might not be exactly what you mean.

Thank you but I would like them to be editable. I may just make my own

Sponsored Links
At one time I used Excel, not just so I could do the page as I wanted, but it was also set up to check the readings, to ensure within the limits, then changed my phone and new phone would not run excel, so used java script, however by that time I knew when a reading was on the edge, so I used standard IET forms and just used java script program to check suspect readings.

Seem to remember doing some inspecting and testing with IET forms and months latter some one asking about signatures on the forms, seemed there was no option to sign every page and some third party wanted signatures.

I agree therefore there are some areas where they could be improved, for example there is no provision for PSSC or line-neutral impedance needed to work out volt drop, however although we have 3% and 5% what we don't have is a standard on what current should be used as standard when testing socket outlets, although it has been quoted as for a ring final 20A centre and 12A even spread there is nothing in the regulations to say that. So if you were to test the line - neutral loop impedance and find it at say 1.35Ω although this shows likely the volt drop is over the limit, it would be hard to say some one in the past has made an error as it could be they felt 32A even spread was a more appropriate method, and we can't say they were wrong even if we don't agree with their ideas.

So although we can take these readings, I am not sure if recording them helps or hinders, likely better to use IET forms.

I agree therefore there are some areas where they could be improved, for example there is no provision for PSSC or line-neutral impedance needed to work out volt drop ...
You can't work out VD within the installation (which is what 'matters') from the L-N loop impedance(ore PSCC) - such a calculation will tell you the VD all the way from the supplier's transformer to wherever the measurement is made - which could be pretty high, particularly if one's property were at the end of the supplier's cable run.

Kind Regards, John

You can't work out VD within the installation (which is what 'matters') from the L-N loop impedance(ore PSCC) - such a calculation will tell you the VD all the way from the supplier's transformer to wherever the measurement is made - which could be pretty high, particularly if one's property were at the end of the supplier's cable run.

Kind Regards, John
If you subtract the loop impedance at incomer from that at a central socket you can work out the volt drop, however my point is it may be all well and good with first installation certificate, if this practice was then continued, so one could see if an undocumented addition has been made, but unless the installation certificate and all periodic inspection reports have this info recorded, then although you may have identified a potential over spec volt drop, you have no idea as to if planned or not.

There is nothing to stop some one wiring a ring final in a class room with the idea that the teacher has some large items plugged in at the front of a classroom but in the centre of the ring students will only have low powered items, so as long as the teachers area is close to origin, the students part of the ring could cover 200 meters, and unless you have the original installation certificate where the designer has written down the design criteria it would be impossible to state the set up was wrong.

So some one like me, being over careful points out there is a potential for excessive volt drop, then the original installer pulls out the original spec and says no there is not, and your left trying to argue without a leg to stand on, so it is often simply better not to record it to start with. OK with a radial supply to a single machine, but for a ring, often better to say nothing.

We don't know if he's been signing any jobs off or doing EICRs in the past, or even keeping any test results. Now he wants to start doing EICRs.
I may be wrong, but I'm assuming this is something he's just recently started looking into. Hence, he's now 'starting'.

Hands up all those who think it a good idea for someone who is so new to electrical installation work that he has never issued an EIC or MEWIC to start doing inspections.

Or gone self employed, when I first did PIR's as they were then called I worked for a firm who issued me with an inspection form which I filled in, at that time I had not a clue what I was doing really, I connected the meter, pressed the button, and wrote down what the meter said in the appropriate box. I assume my boss looked at readings but I really did not know if 1.5Ω was pass or fail, then one day I thought maybe I should find out, so went on some courses. I am sure I was told when an apprentice, but never used it, so forgot.

The Court case over Emma Shaw's death changed my attitude, I looked at what happened to the foreman and thought there by the grace of god go I. Just like I had taken reading for my boss without really understanding what they meant, so I would also send guys to plug in a tester and push button and write down readings, it was I felt well within there capability, I checked the readings, and if I did not like results then I would investigate.

OK I would take the guy who did testing with me, so he would learn, but unless you trust people, they will not be trust worthy, OK every so often you retest, but trusting people makes them trustworthy.

So why does this guy not want to use standard forms, he has not said, is it to missout something which he can't measure, or to add something he thinks is important?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back