eicr model form

asc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can get a model form to fill in on the computer?
I don't have acrobat, so a pdf won't work(?) and I don't have open office so an odt won't work, so a doc or docx would probably be needed.
I've tried converting a pdf but the formatting goes astray on one page in particular. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Or Acrobat reader, which is also free.
I think the OP wants to fill in the forms on-screen, which I don't think is possible with the free reader, is it? (can't say for sure, since it's ages since I've used the free reader).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Depends if the form has been made into a fillable form. :D

Depends if the form has been made into a fillable form. :D
True - but I personally am not aware of any downloadable PDF ones that are, are you? I was therefore thinking that the OP would have to be able to create the form fields himself.

Kind Regards, John

I have not done any EICR since amendment 3 and I know the requirements have changed.

However since I wanted to check the readings were within the allowed limits I first used Excel until they started charging for Excel on a PDA then moved to Java Script so the form also highlighted when for example the volt drop exceeded the limits.

Rather a pain doing all the calculations by had much easier to have the form do it for you. Here is an example of the old form I would assume scheme members would be provided with software from the scheme providers?

If not using the computer to check the readings then why use the computer? may as well hand write them.

The free Adobe reader can fill in forms if they have been saved n that format, and if not, you can add your own fields to fill in and save it for future use - click Fill & Sign, Add Text, then add whatever you want.

Eric's last point is an important one.

Do you want to use the PC to actually do any data processing, or just as a sophisticated typewriter?

Do you want to import data from test meters and populate forms with them?

Do you want to use the PC to actually do any data processing, or just as a sophisticated typewriter?
Very few people have non-sophisticated ones any more (and even mine are in the loft somewhere!) - for nearly everyone, it's now handwriting or some sort of computing device!

Kind Regards, John

The free Adobe reader can fill in forms if they have been saved n that format, and if not, you can add your own fields to fill in and save it for future use - click Fill & Sign, Add Text, then add whatever you want.
Interesting. I've just had a play with the free reader. I can add and save text, but it does not seem to be editable - either with the free reader or Acrobat Pro. Am I missing something? If not, this would seemingly only be useful for those 'electricians' who wanted all their EICRs to be identical :) (unless they were prepared to plod through the form, adding new text to every 'field', every time).

Kind Regards, John

There is nothing magic about the format or fonts etc in the IET forms, they are just examples.

What's important is the text, and what the forms capture.

It wouldn't take more than a few hours to create your own in, say, Excel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back