EICs

BAS,

this is where you disclose yourself as an armchair, home alone, DIY sparky. Certainly someone who has never had to sign as Inspector on a professional footing.

Have you actually read the Schedule of Inspections???

Now, I've never said what you are saying doesn't happen. But should it?

Is it a basis for being a professional, running a business and charging for it?

Please don't excuse 'to the best of my ability' with deliberate negligence.

Sponsored Links
Have you actually read the Schedule of Inspections???
Yes.

Now, I've never said what you are saying doesn't happen. But should it?
Should a professional discuss with his client the restrictions that the client has placed on the scope of his work, and therefore what the implications are on the value of the deliverables, and therefore does the client still wish him to proceed on the basis of the limited scope?

I don't see why not.

Is it a basis for being a professional, running a business and charging for it?
Is discussing with clients the restrictions that they have placed on the scope of his work, and therefore what the implications are on the value of the deliverables, and therefore whether they still wish him to proceed a basis for being professional?

I don't see why not.

Please don't excuse 'to the best of my ability' with deliberate negligence.
I am utterly sick of you trying, over and over again, to twist what I say about people recognising and dealing with situations that are outside their control and which cannot be remedied, into suggestions that they should act negligently.

And I don't suppose anybody else is impressed by your deliberately obtuse behaviour - I suggest you stop it before you become a laughing stock.

I'm glad this topic has produced some kind of debate.

As GaryMo mentioned, even if I did have x-ray vision, I still wouldn't be able to fill in an EIC as I wouldn't be able to sign for design and construction as it was done by someone else. Pensdown's argument that you can fill in an EIC by disconnecting the installation from the CU as a temporary measure seems to be the ONLY way to produce an EIC in this kind of situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back