Elected dictatorship

S

Sombrero

i hated politics at school, but maybe i should'have payed more attention...

i thought a democracy was to rule acording to the people's choice? but it aint like that... we vote in a manifesto and then put up with the sh!t it contains for many years, until the next manifesto sounds better...

we should have regular referendums (at least quarterly) to see what we want as people..

Taxing people to death isn't what i voted for !!!!

Sponsored Links
We vote them out not in so no one gives a **** what's in their manifesto's. it's all cooking lies anyway.

We vote them out not in so no ones gives a s**t what's in their manifesto's. it's all cooking lies anyway.
well thats exactly what annoys me.... it's all dressed up as a democracy, yet it's a choice of two dictatorships !!!! and we're suckered into thinking it's all fooking great !!!

Perhaps if all political parties were funded by the tax payer and political lobbying outlawed we would get the politicians we want instead of what we deserve.

Sponsored Links
i hated politics at school, but maybe i should'have payed more attention...

i thought a democracy was to rule acording to the people's choice? but it aint like that... we vote in a manifesto and then put up with the **** it contains for many years, until the next manifesto sounds better...

we should have regular referendums (at least quarterly) to see what we want as people..

Taxing people to death isn't what i voted for !!!!

A manifesto is a declaration of intent and policies.....a political manifesto is a declaration of lies and bull!

You voted Tory, so you did vote for taxing people to death :confused:

And you voted Labour - borrow and spend, and bloat the public sector.

As we have, and always have had, the option of voting for minor parties the fact that it is effectively a choice between Con and Lab is our own stupid fault.

I want out of the EU, so I intend to vote for UKIP next time.

Unfortunately, though, New Improved Labour will get in next time, so we'll be back to the old spend, spend, spend policy. Then, when people begin to realise the country is going bankrupt, the Tories will be back again with their austerity measures.

Before too many changes of government, though, I'm sure we'll have lost our sovereignty to the EU, so I don't suppose it will matter too much.

snico wrote

You voted Tory, so you did vote for taxing people to death

No choice. Labour had the country bankrupted.

people seem to have forgot the banking crises
yes labour spent money on the railways the nhs and looking after the lower paid
yes they made some monumental mistakes like continuing selling the family silver
ppi in bed with the bankers to carry on selling council houses at knock down prices
but its always the same the tories look after the better off at the expense off the lower earners and visa versa

you need a lot off turkeys voting for xmas for the tories to get in to power :eek:

The only person capable of running this country died in February '98

ajstoneservices said:
we vote in a manifesto

Your doing it wrong.

You vote for a representative, manifesto's are just brand advertising.

The vast majority vote for a party, or a manifesto, most don't even know who their MP is, or the others they could vote for, but our system is representative democracy, so they really should.

So as an example, when they vote in a guy of any party who is a strict Christian, but the party manifesto say's "yes to abortion", take a guess which way he will vote when the motion is put out in parliament. As another example at one election there were 2 tory candidates, of course they would have some different views.

The guy who's name was higher up on the list got more votes, the same as when in Australia they forced people to vote, many people ticked the first listed name (so they randomized them in subsequent elections).

stupid stupid stupid.

People really really need to focus on this basic principle of our system, actually understand the system and how it works, before declaring it broken.

people seem to have forgot the banking crises

The banking "crises" was mostly a non issue.

Now before you declare me insane, consider this.

The banking crises made the government pay out 123bn to the banks.

That's the deficit for 1 year.

Now of course the banking crises had secondary effect, the loss of easy credit, and the economic activity this paid for, but as a lot of it was all just debt fuelled growth (fake), you only lost something you wouldn't have had anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back