Brexit: the 'we just need to get on with it' narrative

I've got absolutely nothing against EU nationals coming over here to do a job of work, paying taxes and NI (if eligible), using our schools, health service and benefits system etc

You are describing the EU Freedom of Movement of Labour rules.

What a shame some people blame the EU when our UK government chooses not to bother recording people coming and going.

Sponsored Links
You mean like Norway (not in the EU)
No, because I cant think of much trade between the UK and Norway except the odd free Christmas tree.

What about India, China, USA, Canada etc? The EU trades with them. Do they afford the four freedoms to EU nationals?

Oh that's great. I've answered your question but you don't like the answer so you want to alter the question.

Tw@

Sponsored Links
No, because I cant think of much trade between the UK and Norway except the odd free Christmas tree.
Either Motman has completely misunderstood the Norway option, or he is being extremely silly.
The Norway model is a model, not an agreement to trade with Norway!

No wonder some people voted for Brexit! They had no idea what they were voting for!

What about India, China, USA, Canada etc? The EU trades with them. Do they afford the four freedoms to EU nationals?

Our Bilateral trade with Norway is about 20bn.

How many times do we need to go over this - countries trade more with countries nearer to them.

Like many Brexiteers you get stuck on FOM for people - it was a qualified freedom- there are limits which we chose not to implement. Theresa May was the head of the HO but still didn't implement a system of entry and exit checks properly.

I've got absolutely nothing against EU nationals coming over here to do a job of work, paying taxes and NI (if eligible), using our schools, health service and benefits system etc but there should be the same border checks as for say people coming from other parts of the world. No job or means of support for a holiday as well as health travel insurance, means no entry. And yes, get tough on the overstayers. Maybe they are hard to track but make them have a checkable UK sponsor who pays when they disappear. For Gods sake, there's plenty of places in the world that we cant go to without a job, house or funds and receive benefits and health care so why do we put up with it here? That's one thing plenty of people (except Corbyn and Co) are really ****ed about.

You seem to forget we have had a Tory government for the vast majority of the time we have been EU members but blame Corbyn - that seems very strange.

Overall EU migrants make a net contribution to the UK - it's the simple reason why the UK Government has not been in a rush to enforce the rules.

Our economy as I pointed out has a quirk -

Long and short is that though we are a developed nation and capitalist economy we have a quirk in that we don't have high labour productivity and are more labour intensive and part of that is due to the flexible labour market which makes the decision of capital vs labour decision on investment skewed slightly towards labour. Also as we are more a serviced sector based economy which tends to have lower capital utilisation we are in a situation of low unemployment, lower productivity and benefit top ups.

If people are fed up with thinking about it, they should ask for revoking A50.

I think people who voted for it are more fed up with thinking about several options no one was told about or interested in.

It's certainly a great idea though, ware down the electorate to the point where they just said can't be bothered let's scrap it; the remain cabinet has done it brilliantly and just to attempt the last nail in the coffin TM has gone begging for an 'extension'.

Not sure why, the house don't want a no deal and they don't want her deal. Stalemate.

It's either offer the electorate the choice of her deal or no deal or make a decision off her own back.

You mean like Norway (not in the EU)

I know you've seen this before. Perhaps you should read it.

The Canada deal noted on that image is incorrect, notably being bound by EU laws and allowing the Freedom of movement. Neither are true.

Nor does it contribute to the EU budget.

Canada also does not have to align its laws with the EU. There are a few areas of “mutual recognition” in assessing goods and accepting professional qualifications, but there is no requirement for Canada to observe most European rules, such as the principle of free movement.

Canada is not subject to EU law or institutions, and doesn't pay the EU any money as part of the trade agreement

https://fullfact.org/europe/brexit-trade-deals-norway-canada-options/

The Canada deal noted on that image is incorrect, notably being bound by EU laws and allowing the Freedom of movement. Neither are true.

JohnD often posts out of date information -he even like to post a Daily Mail clip from the 1930's :ROFLMAO:

Theresa's Red Lines, and why capitulating to Rice-Pudd and the DUP means she can never get a good deal

Theresa's Red Lines, and why capitulating to Rice-Pudd and the DUP means she can never get a good deal

The problem is the EUs red lines.
Their intransigence could lead to a no deal Brexit.

Don't be silly, vinty. They offer various grades of relationship, depending how close a country wants to be. Theresa and the DUP/Rice-Pudd have red lines that reject all of them.

Don't be silly, vinty. They offer various grades of relationship, depending how close a country wants to be. Theresa and the DUP/Rice-Pudd have red lines that reject all of them.
No they didn't they are giving ultimatums, they are demanding that parliament accept an agreement that has already been rejected.

Sponsored Links
Back