For All Those Who Claim We are Leaving The EU, A Spanner In The Works

John and Himaggin are very good at coming up with problems, but I've never heard either one suggest a solution. I would love to hear what either of you would do if you became the next PM? To make things interesting we will assume you have just enough MPs on your side to pass any legislation you want.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Here's a fact:

We have a trade deficit with the EU so if all trade ceased, we'd be better off.

Might not have enough electricity, gas, goods or food but we'd be better off.
We could spend it on the NHS or buy some more buses.

John and Himaggin are very good at coming up with problems, but I've never heard either one suggest a solution. I would love to hear what they would do if one of them became the next PM?

Joining Islam would be compulsory.

Chinas Economy is flat lining

Their growth rate has slowed down in recent years but that's hardly surprising given the ridiculous growth rates they were achieving.
They are still hoping for 6/7 % growth on GDP this year, which they may not achieve, but they will certainly get over 5%.
Most countries would kill for that. They're trying to raise hundreds of millions of people out of abject poverty, as they do so expectations go up, wages go up, costs rise, it could never be a smooth road. Whatever happens it's still a huge economy, it's projected to become the world's largest in the coming years.

Sponsored Links
The EU is going down the collective toilet

This 2 year negotiating time frame ?? doubt there will still be 27 countries to negotiate with in 2 years :)

The EU is going down the collective toilet

This 2 year negotiating time frame ?? doubt there will still be 27 countries to negotiate with in 2 years :)
Until the end of the two year negotiating withdrawal period, UK is a full member of EU.
It is obvious that any other country that initiated a referendum would be later than UK in invoking Article 50, and therefore would still be a full member at the end of UK's two year period.
Thus your statement is inherently false.

As any country that invokes article 50 would automatically be excluded from negotiations concerning the EU's future his statement is obviously not inherently false.
i.e. you're talking sheite again.

Any country that had also invoked Article 50 would still need to be negotiated with, whether they were still in EU or not, if they had invoked Article 50. There will be many more than 27 countries outside of EU with whom negotiations will be necessary.
Regardless, there will still be 27 countries in EU, whether they can participate in negotiations is immaterial.
The negotiations for Brexit will be with EU, not the individual countries, therefore his statement is inherently false. It was based on a false premise.

Regardless, there will still be 27 countries in EU, whether they can participate in negotiations is immaterial.
The negotiations for Brexit will be with EU, not the individual countries, therefore his statement is inherently false. It was based on a false premise.

No, it was not!
His statement was "doubt there will still be 27 countries to negotiate with in 2 years", which was obviously referring to our exit negotiations from the EU andwhich would be true if any of the 27 countries he was referring to are excluded from those negotiations for whatever reason.
Our exit negotiations being with the EU is irrelevant to that.
Much like many of your posts.

No, it was not!
His statement was "doubt there will still be 27 countries to negotiate with in 2 years", which was obviously referring to our exit negotiations from the EU andwhich would be true if any of the 27 countries he was referring to are excluded from those negotiations for whatever reason.
Our exit negotiations being with the EU is irrelevant to that.
Much like many of your posts.
UK does not negotiate with the individual countries in the EU. It matters little how many countries there are. The negotiations are with the EU. The statement was based on a false premise. Therefore, it was inherently false.

Moreover, there will be many more countries than 27, with whom negotiations will be necessary. Therefore, not only was his statement inherently false, it was nonsensical.

Can you limit yourself to the discussion without insults?

UK does not negotiate with the individual countries in the EU. It matters little how many countries there are. The negotiations are with the EU. The statement was based on a false premise. Therefore, it was inherently false.
It mattered to you when you posted this.

It is obvious that any other country that initiated a referendum would be later than UK in invoking Article 50, and therefore would still be a full member at the end of UK's two year period.
Thus your statement is inherently false.

:rolleyes:

...any country that invokes article 50 would automatically be excluded from negotiations concerning the EU's future...
You just made that up.

Of course I did.
What was it the president of the European Commission asked one of our elected Euro MPs a day or so after the referendum?
"Why are you still here" I believe it was.
So he obviously thinks that even though we are still a full member, still paying full "shedloads of money" in, we shouldn't even be represented in their "parliament" now that we want out.
Of course, I suppose I've just made that up too.

one of our elected Euro MPs

You are talking about Nigel Farage.

Some might think it a reasonable question.

You are however aware that he was in the chamber, strutting about, spouting his usual nonsense. Even you must have noticed that he was not thrown out or prevented from speaking. So the evidence you quote shows the falsity of your made-up claim.

Fookin hilarious really.:LOL:
Indeed you are.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back