For All Those Who Claim We are Leaving The EU, A Spanner In The Works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just ask your MP to vote against any attempt to put Brexit into action.

The referendum result is not binding, as we were led to believe. Only parliament has that sort of power.

So a popular movement to get MPs objecting can block the exiters.

Sponsored Links
Way ahead of you. But probably fruitless.

Or should I say almost certainly fruitless.

52% of the electorate voted for Brexit. If the remainers block the will of the people via Parliament, the next General Election will see a UKIP candidate stand for every seat. It was UKIP's 4 million voters at the 2015 election which forced the EU referendum as Cameron knew the Tories would otherwise be screwed. Wales has always been a Labour haven, but has voted for Brexit. UKIP has 7 seats in the Welsh Assembly. Their numbers would take off in both Welsh Assembly and Westminster if Brexit was not delivered.

Sponsored Links
Cameron has sworn that we will be coming out. That alone is enough to make me think it'll never happen.

The decision is made, the people have spoken. Rather than try to re-write history, how about starting to think it's time to adjust your perspective on what has happened and see that it is NOT as negative as the leftist media is attempting to demonstrate. What the country needs now is quality Governance to stabilise the market and employ a whole bunch of new civil servants that know how to negotiate.

Said Government also needs to take a hardline on hate crime and tackle this pronto.

Nozzle

The decision is made, the people have spoken.

It makes a mockery of having a referendum in the first place, but the fact remains it is not binding.

So yes, the people have spoken, but no the decision is not made.

No disrepect but the remain LOST the vote, move on, just as easily it could of the other way.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/24/brexit-google-trends/

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...lise-they-dont-know-what-brexit-a7100596.html

images

We know about sovereignty residing with Parliament and all that, but for Parliament to go against the will of the people in a referendum
would be a travesty of democracy. Democracy and the rule of law are in short supply in many contries and should never be compromised.

Although the total vote was almost 50/50, far more than half the constituencies voted out. For MPs to block, a LOT of them are going to have to go against their own constituency vote, which could be a bad move if they want to get re-elected...

Yes, we just need a politician to step forward who can deliver £350m a week to the NHS, cut migration to tens of thousands a year, keep foreign fishing boats out of water near our coast, erect barriers against imported steel, give us full access to the Open Market without us having to follow EU rules or laws, maintain agricultural subsidies, sign trade treaties with countries throughout the world, and ensure UK citizens still have the right to move to EU countries. He will then be able to deliver what was promised and voted for, and the will of 52% of the voters will have been met, and I'm sure the other 48% will not complain much.

This politician has however not yet shown himself. Can anyone tell me who it will be?

I suppose, just to be sure, we ought to ask him to show how he can do it before we give him the job.

Sponsored Links
Back