Brexit positives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There must be some real tangible benefits to brexit.

The point has been clearly made about what people do NOT want and making it a reason to vote out. To my mind, the referendum was really just a vote about immigration (a real issue), at the expense of our financial future.

But what about the advantages and benefits?

Let's not make this a thread arguing to and fro, (very few people on here will change their mindset), so each point can be argued on new threads if discussion is wanted.

Just simply point out the advantages and benefits of brexit. I don't actually expect many, but welcome to be surprised.

To the remainers, you can post benefits of brexit too.

Let's see how far this thread goes before insults fly, and where they come from, brexiteers or remainers.

Sponsored Links
The advantages of a large trading block, IE no trade barriers, standard specifications for products etc is clear.

But those advantages come with a simple problem: Concentrating such power means increasing drive to self interest.

I realise the UK government is not deomocratic and is driven by its own self interest, but the control of 27/28 nations is a whole different level

I realise the UK government is not deomocratic and is driven by its own self interest, but the control of 27/28 nations is a whole different level
So what about the 50 states of America being under the control of a federal government?
Each state has it's own 'self interest', and are in many ways as diverse as the EU.

Sponsored Links
So what about the 50 states of America being under the control of a federal government?
Each state has it's own 'self interest', and are in many ways as diverse as the EU.

Simple difference: its 1 country

We can go back to buying gallons of petrol, buy a pound of spuds, and realise we are not europeans so we shut pubs at 10.30 & have pavements for walking on, not stuffing your face & getting in peoples way.
We are slowly getting rid of imperial measurements in the building trade - THANK FCKU!

Simple difference: its 1 country
Ah, so by that you agree that the EU consists of seperate self determining countries?

Not the 'United States of Europe' that the rabid quitters claim exists (y)

Ah, so by that you agree that the EU consists of seperate self determining countries?

Not the 'United States of Europe' that the rabid quitters claim exists (y)

No.

The EU comprises 28 nation states. Some or all of those nations want to stay as nations. The heart of the EU want to reduce nation state powers and centralise powers to a more federal Europe.

Sponsored Links
Back