Brexit positives

There is no insults in post no 2.

Are you hallucinating again.
Have some chamomile tea and an any early night :sleep::sleep:

:D
So you deny posting the quip about the OP's personal hygiene with a couple of rolling laughter emoticons?

Sponsored Links
There must be some real tangible benefits to brexit.

The point has been clearly made about what people do NOT want and making it a reason to vote out. To my mind, the referendum was really just a vote about immigration (a real issue), at the expense of our financial future.

But what about the advantages and benefits?
AFAICS - about the only 2 benefits has to be no responding to the ECJ (have they ever made a judgement in the UK's favour?) and no gangs of imtimidating burly non-english speaking youths taking up all the pavemements.
£350million a week for the NHS.
Unlikely - if we end up with a 'Norway' type deal then how much we pay won't change, it's just that we will not have a say on how it's spent or the 'rules'.

We are slowly getting rid of imperial measurements in the building trade - THANK FCKU!
I believe the decision to move to Le Froggie measurements was not an EU edict but came from the UK goverment without prompting. I still find it difficult to work in them... I just cannot do metric sizes; I do doo some conversions but accuracy is not a byword.

So you deny posting the quip about the OP's personal hygiene with a couple of rolling laughter emoticons?

I dont know what you mean.

I have full confidence in Yafo being a very sweet smelling chap :D

Banning of the live export of animals for slaughter

Some of which are then exported to backward countries for the use in ritual/ religious mumbo jumbo slaughter

Sponsored Links
I believe the decision to move to Le Froggie measurements was not an EU edict but came from the UK goverment without prompting
It was just a natural change as far as I was concerned and I wasn't attempting to attribute it to Europe.

When I stated in the trade (1982) plasterboards were already metric. My gaffer and his sidekick were still trying to set up stud centres based upon imperial measurements. I could not for the life of me understand why they were insistent on trying to add or (horror) multiply fractions. Architects were sending drawings out in metric too.

Everyone I know bases area (sq/m) in metric now.

Incredible that the Yanks are still in a rut with those daft ancient archaic and unworkable measurements.

I can rattle off my 75 (mm) x table all the way from DPC to the soffit.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I dont know what you mean.
Yeah right...We both know what you posted

And you then remove other posts stating what you are.

But thanks for the confirmation of your 'influence' here ;)

Yeah right...We both know what you posted

And you then remove other posts stating what you are.

But thanks for the confirmation of your 'influence' here ;)

Actually I didnt remove the post, nor did I know it had been removed until you mentioned it. ;)

It was just a natural change as far as I was concerned and I wasn't attempting to attribute it to Europe.

When I stated in the trade (1982) plasterboards were already metric. My gaffer and his sidekick were still trying to set up stud centres based upon imperial measurements. I could not for the life of me understand why they were insistent on trying to add or (horror) multiply fractions. Architects were sending drawings out in metric too.

Everyone I know bases area (sq/m) in metric now.

Incredible that the Yanks are still in a rut with those daft ancient archaic and unworkable measurements.

I can rattle off my 75 (mm) x table all the way from DPC to the soffit.:mrgreen:
So you suggesting we stay in the EU to save you from imperial measurements?

no gangs of imtimidating burly non-english speaking youths taking up all the pavemements.

Tell us more about that. Why do you prefer to be intimidated by English-speaking youths?

When I stated in the trade (1982) plasterboards were already metric.

I always have to think about sizes of sheets....plasterboard 2400 x 1200, celetex 2400 x 1200, OSB, ply etc 2440 x 1220.

I also use oak veneered plywood, comes in 2500 x 1250 size sheets.

And what is CLS all about? 38mm x 89mm eh?

Door sizes are a mixture of metric and imperial.....

I worked a short while for a cabinetmaker in Toronto, all measurements in inches. I really struggled..... cut this to 42 13/64" I had to convert to mms with a calculator.

Id like roads to stay in miles though

3 pages later and...

No positives.

Lots of things people don't like, but that just makes it a protest vote, as suspected. Why not admit it?

"Just simply point out the advantages and benefits of brexit. I don't actually expect many, but welcome to be surprised."

Completely loaded and biased question.Been arguing the toss on here for months,as you say,no one will change mind,so what is the point..and what is the point of ref2,,,as you admit,no one has changed their mind

Simply because I put a lot of thought into my vote, and I still don't understand how anybody with a modicum of sense, could vote for anything they cannot explain, justify or prove is better than the alternative.

I do have an open mind, but the more I hear, the more I wonder why we are setting our chikdrens futures back so much. I do agree that in the future, the difference between in or out may not be much, but why put us back 50 years?

Progress = advancing backwards?

£350million a week for the NHS.

I would take that as a positive.

If it wasn't a lie, and actually happened. But you also have to accept the increased costs, less staff and other problems that negate the potential benefit.

Do you honestly think the nhs will end up better off after brexit ?

Post 13, from a remainer, calling folk "rabid".

It was post 2 (I saw it) and it came from a leaver (now remainer) :ROFLMAO:

That brings another question. Are there any remainer voters who would now vote brexit?

Sponsored Links
Back