Brexit positives

Sponsored Links
Oh, sorry, I thought you were making the assumption that nurses only need to know how to make a cup of tea and apply a bandage - so many people still think that's all they do!

How on earth did nurses get on, pre-1993 and pre-degree? :whistle:

Sponsored Links
How on earth did nurses get on, pre-1993 and pre-degree? :whistle:

They did their best. More people died painful and unnecessary deaths though.

Education is really rather useful when it comes to keeping people alive.

So is doing something.

Whether "not doing something" is down to overwork, understaffing, or "it's not my job" mentality (all are applicable, at various times) causes the instances of care failing, the fact remains.
Knowledge without action won't help someone in need of a drink, the toilet, or a wound redressing.

As a result of Nurses on degree courses? -I dont know just ask out of interest.

My suspicion is the change has something to do with a move from nurse teaching hospitals to universities, along with the huge expansion of degree subjects away from their original highly academic origins. I wonder if privatised universities offer nursing degrees...

I understood that nurses do more medical care than they used to, so training would need to be more technical.

The NHS has always been reliant on foreign staff.

Used to be Irish, then Indian, then European.

There are some idiots who think that the NHS is overburdened by large numbers of foreigners. In fact it is held up by large numbers of foreigners.

But not so many now.

Are degrees better than learning on the job ? I would've thought nursing was a very much hands on job. Having a degree doesn't show anything other than a good ability to study. At the end of the day, despite perhaps being a good thing, degrees and their fees are putting people off nursing at a time that we need them most.

It's not just the fees.
Nursing is a caring profession first and foremost.
Not all who are great carers could achieve degree-level education.
Not all who could, are cut out for caring.

Making degrees mandatory rules out a large number of potentially excellent candidates.

Wine sold by the pint. It's what everyone's been crying out for.

Legislation to be tabled in the new year will allow still and sparkling wine to be sold in "pint-sized" 568ml bottles for the first time.

BBC can't help putting a damper on things, though.

However, the new sizes will apply only to wine sold in shops in the UK, and it remains to be seen what the demand will be for pint-sized wine bottles among producers and bottlers.

Wine sold by the pint. It's what everyone's been crying out for.
Lol, haven't they just. Apparently...."Pint-sized bottles for champagne were said to be the favourite size of British wartime leader Sir Winston Churchill,,,"
Super! Let's bring back rotten teeth, infant mortality and really bad food, whist we are on a Brexit benefit splurge.

99% of folk responded saying they did NOT want crappy imperial sizes back in UK retail. Thank fook, Brexit has done enough damage.

Sponsored Links
Back