Brexit positives

99% of folk responded saying they did NOT want crappy imperial sizes back in UK retail. Thank fook, Brexit has done enough damage.
I take it you were in the 1% that did? ;)

Yes the conc gets pushed out with the foam ball and splatters everything within 50 yards.
maybe it will educate Brits into realising, that you don't actually need a gas guzzling 4X4 to transport a single child 600 yards to his/her school.
in order to build a walled inspection pit, say 5 feet deep by 2.5 feet wide, you would need to start the trench about 6 feet wide at the top.
so it's 3 feet along the wall, 4 feet up the line and 5 feet will be the diagonal between the marks.
nine inch nails

you will finish the pitching plate approximately 9 inches down from the underside of the sill.
this allows 3 inches for lathe and tiles and 6inches for a lead flashing upstand.

b.c have allowed less than 6 inch lead upstand, so don't worry too much about being the full 9 inches below window sill. though i would advise 4 inches minimum of lead upstand.
All 90 gallons or so of cement coloured water
Count me in but with say 8 instead of 16 pints per day.

Sponsored Links
I take it you were in the 1% that did? ;)
Golf is still imperial in the UK. I doubt that will change anytime soon. Fortunately for me, I can relate to both. The two old boys I was labourer to, NEVER used metric. We have dual stuff in the building trade and always will, as long as we have to work on old houses.

However, I only ever use metric when calculating sizes and pricing. Imperial is crap.

In fairness to Nosey, he did say "retail", and most of his subsequent quotes were not.

And, golf is always in yards ;)
It's not even that really. The imperial hangover will linger in the UK for at least another half century. It helps being 'bi-lingual' so to speak. However, there are certain imperial habits that are best left with Winston and all the other dead.

Sponsored Links
It's not even that really. The imperial hangover will linger in the UK for at least another half century. It helps being 'bi-lingual' so to speak. However, there are certain imperial habits that are best left with Winston and all the other dead.

I don't mind either, and it can be handy - sometimes - to mix-n-match. At least for me :)

46 1/2" x 1500mm, for example.

That said, a bottle of wine is just that; a bottle.
I've never asked for "750ml of wine", and I've never asked for a pint of wine either.
Then again, I'm not Sam Allardyce :D

To many people, probably around 55+, who were brought up with imperial, it will be natural to use such measurements as the base expression.

Equally naturally there are less each year.

Ask a young person just starting work and they have no idea about imperial.

Would anybody even consider wanting to go back to pounds, shillings and pence?

Just because the measurements stick with a few it does not mean anybody wants it's return.

Apart from a (very) few, of course.

There must be some real tangible benefits to brexit.

The point has been clearly made about what people do NOT want and making it a reason to vote out. To my mind, the referendum was really just a vote about immigration (a real issue), at the expense of our financial future.

But what about the advantages and benefits?

Let's not make this a thread arguing to and fro, (very few people on here will change their mindset), so each point can be argued on new threads if discussion is wanted.

Just simply point out the advantages and benefits of brexit. I don't actually expect many, but welcome to be surprised.

To the remainers, you can post benefits of brexit too.

Let's see how far this thread goes before insults fly, and where they come from, brexiteers or remainers.
The only benefits to brexhit are intangible, the lies and exaggerations pushed during the campaign have come to nothing. Take back control is about as good - and misleading - as you get.

Another Brexit positive - we won't be forced to tear up our countryside for new rail lines. In fact, it looks like we've scrapped HS2 and diverted the money back to London where it is needed!

GCWIngXWsAAQ6qs

That's just a disgrace.
After months of reassuring words from the trade secretary, Kemi Badenoch, about working on a deal, the government is now advising cheese exporters on how to prepare for the worst.

Another example of the easiest deals we can make

To many people, probably around 55+, who were brought up with imperial, it will be natural to use such measurements as the base expression.
I'm 75 and left imperial measurements behind long ago.
I even think of journeys in kilometres.

Sponsored Links
Back