Out of Repect I ask Remainers to Refrain from posting in this thread

It cant mean doubtlessly,
It absolutely can, and does.

You see, that's the thing about words - they mean what the dictionaries describe, not what you decide.

because I didnt say it.
You said a word which means it.

You said it. Therefore you have applied your own interpretation that suits your argument.
No - I applied the actual meaning of the word, not any other meaning unilaterally invented by you.

What you are trying to do is the same as calling this a blue car, and when people tell you you're wrong claim that you cannot be, because you've not quantified "blue", and it's all subjective and people are just applying their own interpretation of "blue" to suit their own argument.

banner-car.png

Tip for you: If you want to argue semtantics, take more notice of the starting post. (y)
Tip for you - don't try to pretend that words don't mean what they actually do and think that that will allow you to get away with writing absurdly incorrect rubbish.

Sponsored Links
Is it so hard to comprehend?
It can't be.

Can it?

Bear in mind that he is persevering with the "defence" that he can invent new meanings of words in order to make daft assertions valid, so that might say something about his ability to reason.

It absolutely can, and does

BAS says likely and doubtlessly mean the same thing. :eek:

You see, that's the thing about words - they mean what the dictionaries describe, not what you decide
Im sorry you cant understand that the word 'likely' is a subjective term.

Thats the thing about words. You cant quantify a subjective term. You simply cannot ascribe the level of likliness you believe should apply -that then changes what I wrote and makes it your opinion..

You said a word which means it
Totally incorrect.

I stated a subjective word with no point of reference.

You are trying to say I said 'more likely' and then state I was wrong.

Unfortunately one person is wrong: you.

No - I applied the actual meaning of the word, not any other meaning unilaterally invented by you.
No you did not,

The word likely, just means something is likely, unless another word such as more is included in the phrase, there is no point of reference.

Remainers are likely to be young people = correct. (y)

What you are trying to do is the same as calling this a blue car, and when people tell you you're wrong claim that you cannot be, because you've not quantified "blue", and it's all subjective and people are just applying their own interpretation of "blue" to suit their own argument

This is wrong for the most obvious reason: a bright red car is a primary colour. Primary colours are discrete groups, subjectivity may exist within a single primary colour range, not across different primary colours. That is assuming judgements being made by people not having colour blindness and under normal light conditions.

Tip for you - don't try to pretend that words don't mean what they actually do and think that that will allow you to get away with writing absurdly incorrect rubbish.

Do try looking up the word subjective, it might help with your comprehension shortfall :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-20_10-20-39.png
    upload_2019-5-20_10-20-39.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Prove it.
Simples.

Lots of young people voted remain.

So remainers are likely to be young people.

Prove to me there is a hidden adjective in that sentence, for example; more, less, very, slightly, as.....

Your whole argument is based around the premise that the sentence really means:

Remainers are more likely to be young people.

But since I did not wrote that sentence, you cant argue what I said was incorrect.

According to Notch's logic, Remainers are likely to be from another planet.
Remainers are likely to be ghosts from the past.
Remainers are likely to be foreign citizens.
Remainers are likely to be those ineligible to vote.

In fact Remainers are likely to be anything you like.

Yet still he will deny the blatantly obvious.

Stupid old fogies who through simply being born in the 50s and 60s gained benefits which they want to deny young lazy hipsters.

Pretty much sums it up.

Should have a test as part of each vote - if you fail the test we can bin your vote - so only those who took the time to inform themselves of the issues vote counts. :mrgreen:

According to Notch's logic, Remainers are likely to be from another planet.
Remainers are likely to be ghosts from the past.
Remainers are likely to be foreign citizens.
Remainers are likely to be those ineligible to vote.

In fact Remainers are likely to be anything you like.

Yet still he will deny the blatantly obvious.
no, Old Bean.

Ive just proved you wrong.

I said remainers are likely to be young people.

I never said how likely: which have assumed I did.

You spend your time on here altering the meaning of a persons post then arguing they are wrong.

You could easily have said: 'your post is vague, surely you meant remainers are more likely to be young people, or you could've said young people are more likely to be remainers'.

But sadly you put all your energy into point scoring, so you dont read the original post carefully enough.

Sponsored Links
Back