Electric and Gas Inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a lot of renovation work done on my building. There are definite problems with the electrics, which my project manager and the contractor assure me will be corrected, however I have lost all confidence in both of them and would like an independent inspection of the plumbing and electrical work.
Am I looking at two separate inspections and what will be the likely cost? My property consists of a shop with a flat above and is Grade 2 listed.

Sponsored Links
For plumbing get a plumber (Gas safe registered if there is gas involved), for electrical inspections get an electrician, have word with friends for recommendations, I'd recommend you look for someone who is a a member of a scheme such as an NICEIC full scope contractor, your insurance may stipulate this anyway.

Sponsored Links
For your electrician, pick one that has a qualification in Test and Inspection
(eg City & Guilds 2391)

You can be a full scope electrician without this qualification ( :rolleyes: ) so ask for this specifically. NAPIT require a certificate of competence to test and inspect - so maybe NAPIT is a good place to start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back