Electric Anoraks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purely for my own (sad) interest....
What is the oldest copy of the regs anyone owns? Mine is a real new one comparatively, 16th edition green cover.
Does anyone have a copy of the 1882 "Rules and regulations for the prevention of fire risks arising from electric lighting." ?
It must be worth a few quid now. And whats the odds someone has scribbled on it, with quill and ink, "Thee if note a bulbe, bulbef go in thee grounde."

Sponsored Links
Lole,
bulbef doeth note go in the grounde, seedf go in the grounde, a bulbe mearly refereth to thine shape,:cool:

Dellsmp said:
Lole,
bulbef doeth note go in the grounde, seedf go in the grounde, a bulbe mearly refereth to thine shape,:cool:

easier to understand than 16th edition :p

TraineeSpark said:
Purely for my own (sad) interest....
What is the oldest copy of the regs anyone owns? Mine is a real new one comparatively, 16th edition green cover.
Does anyone have a copy of the 1882 "Rules and regulations for the prevention of fire risks arising from electric lighting." ?
It must be worth a few quid now. And whats the odds someone has scribbled on it, with quill and ink, "Thee if note a bulbe, bulbef go in thee grounde."

I have the first edition. All four pages of it!

Sponsored Links
Pdc, is it an original copy? Where did ya get it from? Sorry, I know this is real lame, I just got a big interest in electrical history. Is there any way u could mail me a copy of it please?
TS

I believe that I heard that it was re-printed in paul cook's commentary to the regs

EDIT: You might be interested in the forums at electrical-contractor.net there is an electricial nostaligola section, and there are a few people from the uk who post there :cool:

I have the edition issued in the year of my birth...1966. 14th to you, mate!

adam, thanks for the addy, will check it out. secure - 1966, wasn't that another year they changed the bl00dy cable colours? Earth was black till then if I remember correctly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back