Electric Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just recently brought a house that has no gas to it. I was thinking about getting an electric combi boiler instead of connecting gas to the property. I need some help deciding whether or not this would be better then connecting the gas. Does anyone have any experience with an electric combi boiler?

Sponsored Links
I don't have any experience of an electric combi, but the cost of full price daytime electricity will be horrendous. For actual figures, calculate the heating requirement of your home using an on line calculator to give requirement kW's and multiply that by the price per kW from your electricity supplier.

If you must use electricity for heating I would suggest storage heaters that would allow you to use economy 7, economy 10, or similar, depending on your electricity supplier. Low rate electricity can cost as little as one third of the price of the normal electricity. Plus storage heaters don't need an annual service. (Whilst Gas combis need an annual service, I'm not sure if an electric combi would or not)

As a slight digression - what do you think the actual average annual service period of a combi is in the real world - probably more like 3 to 4 years..!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back