Electric Hob Wiring

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
We have wired our new hob. The right hand side rings are working but not the left.

I think it's to do with the horseshoe connection but don't know how to fit it.

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Well, presumably you still have L or N terminals which are not connected to the supply (and vice versa)

Connect all L terminals to the supply L and all N terminals to the supply N.

A picture of the connectors may help.

Hi thanks for the reply. picture attached
image1.JPG

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,203
I think the key is the horseshoe but I don't know how to fit it? the last hob didn't have one!

Sponsored Links
OMG You have connected the earth cable to the neutral - so your appliance isn't earthed.

Do not switch this on again until you have connected it as per the instructions!

Connect it like the top diagram.

Put link between 1 and 2 and connect brown to one of these.
Connect blue to N
Connect the bare earth wire (should be sleeved green/yellow) to the PE terminal.

I'm sure you were - it's not really a competition - it's more about trying to save people from themselves - you sound a bit like JohnW2 wanting the last word! :)

Apart from the wiring being wrong , it's a bit of a poor effort with no cable clamp and no green sleeving on the earth wire. You'd have thought the RCD would have tripped so I assume they haven't got one

You need to fit some earth sleeving, those connections look pretty poor mate. i think you can do better than that

That wiring was dangerously bad.

Please send a picture of the rectified work so we can ok it.

Didn't notice the cable clamp fitted either, and that twist in the cable where it enters the hob is unnecessary too.

This

image1-jpg.96919

when you have an extremely clear diagram on how to do it, which you totally ignored:

omage-2-jpg.96920

:eek::eek::eek:

Please, please, please get an electrician. You could kill somebody doing things like that. And no - that it not an exaggeration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back