Electric Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Multirate electric meter (Ampy Type 5224E) in order measure and record the units used on a power circuit.

Not that it's important, but I thought that you could open up the unit to "reset" it but after further reading, it looks like it has an opitcal connection which is interfaced with a unit of some type.

I can live with not resetting it as I'll just keep a running log of units used. But reading more into it.. it seems like this unit has it's Economy 7 timer settings built into it.

Not as straight forward as I thought but for the price of it, I'm not going to cry.

So heres the question which hopefully someone who deals with these types of units could answer.

1. What's needed to reset the unit, is it as decribed above?
2. Can the units timer (for Economy 7) be re-programmed with this device?
3. Am I barking up the wrong tree in order to measure the amount of units used? I've looked elsewhere for energy consumption measuring units but they are about £20+..
4. Is the unit meant to display when the source positive and negative are applied or when both source and load are applied? I connected source and nothing appeared.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back