Electric Meter

Yep, its looped in and out of your mainfuse (thats the big black box). They are concentric cables (which look a little like co-axial cable for your aerial, the live is surrounded by the neutral and earth - fun fact for you!). One will go to the street, or the other next door. The other will go to your lovely neighbours. ;)

Sponsored Links
It's probably something like this: (TN-S supply shown, but it needn't have to be).

supplyearth3wqt9.jpg

Or the other way round.

and what a delight he is to have as a neighbour!! ok steve, sorry for harrassing you so much over this.... so the guy from balfour nedl just needs to come in my house, have a cuppa, cut a wire and disappear again? if its thats that simple i will call him tomorrow ( if i am not too tied up with the great view of metal poles)
:D

Yep thats about it.

Balfour YEDL. Thats a new one on me. Have they really rebranded the company again? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
its nedl on the letter i got today. anyhow thanks for all your help on this subject...i feel better educated on it now and will return to my skip/scaffolding/flying brick view. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back