electric oven fan fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I recently replaced the fan on my oven (CDA). Quite a big job for me as i;m no electrics man. The new fan is quite different from the old one but fits nicely. I noticed on the old motor that there was no indication as to where the two wires ( yellow and blue ) should connect to which terminal. The new motor terminals are placed quite differently to the old ones so couldn't really copy. All has been working fine for several days, then this evening the oven stopped. I have checked the fuses, and all are good. Can anyone tell me is this coincidance or have I put the wires on the wrong terminals and caused some damage elsewhere. Appreciate your thoughts on this coz I'm baffled.. Phil

Sponsored Links
Fan is AC, doesn't matter which way the wires connect.
If the whole oven isn't working, is the clock/timer set correctly? A brief power interruption will cause many ovens to reset the time and they won't work until it's set again.

Hi, the clock timer isnt working/on either. There is no electric getting through to the oven. I;ve checked the fuses including the MCB and all good. Its a mystery

With your limited knowledge it would be safer to call an electrician or appliance engineer, or you may need both.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies. I was hoping to avoid calling someone over to take a look but i think its my only option.
Phil

Update on this problem. I found that a fused connecter box had a faulty switch, replaced it and all good again. Am I chuffed, or what!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back