Electric Oven - KWH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my old single oven and have just bought a new electric single oven (AEG B4101-5-M) and the manual says it has a power output of 0,87kWh and requires 230 - 240 volts.

Would it be ok to use a 13amp plug with the plug socket for the old oven which is standard socket at the back of the oven or am i going to overload the circuit?

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
From what I can gather it is rated at 3500w which means it will require its own circuit :cry:
Please feel free to check I have the wattage rating correct tho.

I thought that by law there had to be a data plate on the device giving the specs?

I thought that by law there had to be a data plate on the device giving the specs?
Another case of DIY installers being confused by the "energy rating" in kwh and the "power rating" in kw. IMO where they print one, they should also print the other.

And there probably is a data plate on the appliance, but DIYers tend to head for the destructions first, thinking that will hold all the answers.

From what I can gather it is rated at 3500w which means it will require its own circuit :cry:
Not only its own circuit, but it can't go on a plug & socket.

But then it is of German design, so what, therefore, will be the default circuit type expected?

Yup - a 16A radial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back