Electric Oven replacing a Gas Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, iwonder is it as easy as i think it is ?

I have obviously got to get a suitable length of the correct cable, on the back of the oven is three Terminals ------- Live, Neutral and Earth

I havent removed the old Gas oven yet, it's been there for over 15 years, but i remember there should be a proper place to connect the other end of the oven wire to !.

So i guess i am on the right track, yeah i must be, but what colour wires should i expect to see in the cable, the Earth is yelow/brown, Live is brown and Neutral is blue, have i got that right ?.

tim

Sponsored Links
Earth is Green and Yellow.

depending on age of cable, phase can be red or brown. Neutral can be black or blue.

Brown and Blue are the latest colours.

thanks friend, when i got the Old oven out, it didnt look at all like i had hoped it would on/in the wall, so i have to swallow my DIY pride (LOL) and call in a proffessional.

tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back