ELECTRIC SHOCK ! from light switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
banal-shed did someone allow you to leave school prematurely?
Yes, they did - they allowed me to leave a year early because I was good enough to do my O Levels in a year less than usual, and therefore took my A Levels a year earlier than usual. I was at university before I was 18.

What 'University' was that then? :D And what were you doing there? Re-wiring the plugs? Absolutely hilarious statement of desperation :LOL:

You obviously did well if you ended up a sparky :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Bet you call yourself an 'engineer' as well....

Seriously, the fact is that a lot of you are seriously miffed that a total stranger to household electrics is able to tackle what is essentially a simple job. Be honest with yourselves, it's not exactly brain surgery is it? (which, as it happens, is what I normally busy myself with).
So, BanalShed - don't post on my thread with boasts of academic prowess, because I'm afraid I leave you way behind on that score. Fool.

Now if anyone would like to talk about household wiring - I would be more than happy to discuss - someone asked for a picture of my installation - I would be more than happy to post them up soon as I get a chance.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
What 'University' was that then? :D
What difference does it make?

And what were you doing there? Re-wiring the plugs?
Doing a degree.

Absolutely hilarious statement of desperation :LOL:
No - a truthful answer to your question.

You obviously did well if you ended up a sparky :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I'm not.

Bet you call yourself an 'engineer' as well....
Actually, C.Eng. is one of my post-nominals.

Seriously, the fact is that a lot of you are seriously miffed that a total stranger to household electrics is able to tackle what is essentially a simple job.
Dunno about the rest, but I'm miffed at you lying to us.

Be honest with yourselves, it's not exactly brain surgery is it? (which, as it happens, is what I normally busy myself with).
Really?

Funny how I, and everyone else here, is convinced that that is another lie.

So, BanalShed - don't post on my thread with boasts of academic prowess,
You did ask.

because I'm afraid I leave you way behind on that score. Fool.
So you came here because you were concerned for your daughter's safety, and in the space of 3 days you went from someone who didn't even know the difference between voltage and current, and didn't own any test equipment more sophisticated than a neon screwdriver to someone who with a concern for his daughter's safety installed a CU?

And you call other people fools?

Now if anyone would like to talk about household wiring - I would be more than happy to discuss - someone asked for a picture of my installation - I would be more than happy to post them up soon as I get a chance.
You pathetic lying little t**t.

Do you seriously think that there isn't one person on this forum who's not laughing at you?

not exactly brain surgery is it? (which, as it happens, is what I normally busy myself with).

Busys himself looking for his own. :rolleyes:

Would you let someone with this attitude near your body never mind your brain?

Whilst we wait for the photos that will never be posted how about telling us what type of board it is, some test results you achieved , and what test equipment you used?

And after you have posted your reply I will tell you how I performed a triple shunt neural by-pass on a 6' african native without putting him to sleep.

Fellow Posters,

As STORM2 has fitted a new consumer unit with absolutley no testing or sufficient knowledge of what can go wrong and has saved a fortune, we can all go to his daughters funeral with the money he saved for a slap up meal and a few drinks. As for what she was wearing, her next dress will be oak with a brass collar.
BAS t**t got you in trouble last time, even though we all know you meant tart!!! :D

I don't see why people are getting heated up.

This is a DIY forum and if someone wants to do a DIY job then let them do it. Give them advice by all means but if they then choose to ignore the advice then it is their choice.

If they are happy and feel confident in their ability and knowledge about the dangers involved then nothing said here will stop them going ahead. A few will later learn the hard way that their knowledge was in-adequate. For some that hard lesson will include loss of property, money or life.

So if the job has been done it isn't going to be un-done just because of something said here.

So leave them to live ( or die ) with the results of their work and attitudes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back