electric shocks from cooker

Could be, I was thinking along the lines of a disconnected hence floating earth.

Sponsored Links
walkersworld have u checked neutral to earth on all circuits???if you have this 50v n-e on all circuits on a pme system it could be a faulty n-e connection have u checked the connections in your fuse board????
im just thinking of a similar situation when i was doing a shop refit,and i was joining onto other circuits with connector blocks and insulation tape?

Is Mr Walker related to Walkersworld?

Mr. Shopfitters - your village called, they say if you don't go back soon, they'll advertsise for a new idiot.

electrician has just left! charged me £75 call out charge,and 2 hours at £50 total £175 he says every time a circuit is switched on neutral to earth increases by 5volts,so when all circuits are on 50v neutral to earth,he says this is down to my fuse board,and says for a cash deal he will replace it for £590 is this good value for money?ive heard fuse boxes arnt cheap!
many thanks

Sponsored Links
(1) No

(2) Yes they are

(3) Does "cash deal" mean no paperwork, no invoice, no VAT, no installation certificate, no test results? If that attracts you, send the cash to me and i won't do any of them either (nor will i fix your problem).

(4) Maybe he saw something we haven't thought of, but I don't see what you could do in a PME consumer unit (apart from disconnecting the main earth) that would cause it. Connecting Neutral to Earth would NOT do it. What do you know about his qualifications?

he was called RF electrical??? from west yorkshire,he had city and guilds nvq level 3 in outside catering and part p in kitchen and bathroom fitting electrical??
surley with this certification he can charge me what he wants?
wouldnt i be better with a spark that is fully qualified,surley sparks dont need this part p?????
please help

Ha ha ha, very funny.

Now please go and play somewhere else.

john do you think it is a cheap price i dont know the prices for this sort of stuff??

this is a friendly forum,and there is no need to be nasty ,i only needed advice?

Walkers world, I'm not sure what your story is, but if you're genuine then heres the story:

A while ago we had problems with a troll called Mr. Walker, we thought we had got rid of him, but today he re-joined as "RF lighting shopfitters", I presume the reason behind this was to take the **** out of a genuine poster we have called "RF Lighting" . Now after your comment about RF lighting above (what was that all about?) and considering your similar name, we are slightly suspicious of yourself

i am a newbie to this site and dont understand this abuse,all im asking for is a little help,on my cooker problem!

I could get highly offended by all this.

I'm going home and I'm taking my bat and ball with me :LOL:

You may however, see me posting under the name of "Adam151 shop fitters" or "JohnD shopfitters" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: or heaven forbid "BAS shopfitters" :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back