Electric Shower- help needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you please help . The electric shower I have has recently developed a problem whereby after the shower is turned off , it seems to suck whatever water is left in the shower hose back into the shower unit. It then proceeds to heat the water to the point where it sounds like it is boiling within the unit.

Then when the shower is turned back on the extremely hot water comes out immediately and then takes an age for the water to run hot. Also the shower unit can ‘boil’ the water at any time of day or not and it wakes me up on average three times per night with the noise it makes!

I am mystified to know what the problem is , the shower works fine but it does take a long time for it to warm the water, is the heating element being burnt out ??

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
what shower is it ?
by what you describe is one of the heating element micro switches is stuck on causing it to heat the water in the heat can an then it activates the tco thats why you wait for the water to reheat when shower running.

i take it you don't pull the pullcord for the shower when you have finished with it ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's an AquaTronic W9500s Slimline.

What's a 'tco'? :?: (sorry for being completely ignorant!)

Do you think this micro switch is something that can be sorrted out by someone with a limited knowledge of electronics or do I need an electrician (or a new shower?!)

You're right, there isn't a pull cord to switch the shower on and off, just a start/stop button on the unit.

Your help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Cat

What's a 'tco'? :?: (sorry for being completely ignorant!)
thats a tco located on top of the heat can in the centre.
TRITO_22010070_view.png

Do you think this micro switch is something that can be sorrted out by someone with a limited knowledge of electronics or do I need an electrician (or a new shower?!)
it's a pretty straight foreward job.
if you do get someone get someone who works on electric showers or you'll just be told you need a new one.

You're right, there isn't a pull cord to switch the shower on and off, just a start/stop button on the unit.

you should really have a pullcord or isolation switch as stated in the mi's
or the shower is still being powered even with the start/sop button operated.

39309_P.jpg

p42276_x.jpg

Sponsored Links
Some time ago I had such a problem, it was because of an old thermostat. I replaced it, but a few months later my problem came back. So I decided to change the whole system, now I have 9.5kw electric shower .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back